·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzak

We had them on 5 previous Hondas and they can't be beat

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going with Continental Extreme Winter Contact. They were rated #1 in the Tirerack winter test against Michelin Xice2, Dunlop Graphics and Bridgestone Blizzak WS70. I am going with their recommended size of 205/50R17. The Continentals are a little more reasonable price wise against the Michelins and Bridgestones.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bridgestone Blizzak

We had them on 5 previous Hondas and they can't be beat
Same here! I had a set of goodyear winter tires before, but they just didn't perform as well as the blizzak's. Been with them for the past 3 years! But going to need a new set for my ILX.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hankook I pikes! Hands down the best for really harsh winter climates. I rolled blizzaks on my RSX-s and they did good but nothing beats studs on a good tread

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hankook I pikes! Hands down the best for really harsh winter climates. I rolled blizzaks on my RSX-s and they did good but nothing beats studs on a good tread
I heard you can add spikes to them to grip into ice, also heard they wear out fast. but if you have mild winters, they are perfect!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My buying decision has changed. The tire dealer has a bulk buy on Hankook W409 Winter ipike tires and I can get them installed for $269.00 less than the Continentals. Gotta go with that deal for me.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My buying decision has changed. The tire dealer has a bulk buy on Hankook W409 Winter ipike tires and I can get them installed for $269.00 less than the Continentals. Gotta go with that deal for me.
that's an amazing price.
I heard iPikes wear out a bit faster than other winter tires but they grip nicely, for the price your getting them for, it's well worth it.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
that's an amazing price.
I heard iPikes wear out a bit faster than other winter tires but they grip nicely, for the price your getting them for, it's well worth it.
I agree ; Great price

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just put Michelin X-Ice Xi2 on mine, price almost matched iPikes! Michelin mail in rebate was a bonus!
WTH -__-

iPikes go for dirt cheap, you sir got lucky with being able to get X-Ice tires for the price of iPikes. Longevity & quality of Michelin tires just make it obvious which one to buy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WTH -__-

iPikes go for dirt cheap, you sir got lucky with being able to get X-Ice tires for the price of iPikes. Longevity & quality of Michelin tires just make it obvious which one to buy.
I know!!! I was really surprised at the price, all other shops were selling for around $150 more. I found out later they were able to get the Xi2's at a lower price since the Xi3's are out, guess they were trying to clear them out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know!!! I was really surprised at the price, all other shops were selling for around $150 more. I found out later they were able to get the Xi2's at a lower price since the Xi3's are out, guess they were trying to clear them out.

was it hard to get tires? I know around this time of the year (late november) it can be hard to find winter tires since they sell out quick!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone putting a 15" rim on their ILX? I've got an ILX tech with 17's but I can get the 15" wheel/tire combo from tire rack for a little more than buying just the 17" tires. It says 195/65-15s will fit. Just curious if anyone has done it.

I've had Xice Xi2's and General Altimax Arctics. Both amazing tires in the winter. I am going to go with the Altimax Arctics again for this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
was it hard to get tires? I know around this time of the year (late november) it can be hard to find winter tires since they sell out quick!
Nope! But I went in on a Friday afternoon, left work early thinking evening/weekend would be a zoo! Was done in about an hour, unmounted old tires, mounted new tires, balanced and installed. Now that I have the tires mounted, I will be changing the tires myself to avoid the rush.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yup...$150 is just about what they go for. Just imagine if you went in weeks earlier, you might not have come across that good of a deal. At least you have extra money to hold onto or dump in your ILX hahaha

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Blizzaks on the car ; after the snow storm and I must report they are head and shoulders above the OE MIchelins. Fact of the matter is I hated the Michelins even in the rain as they hydroplaned horribly. I'm going to keep one as a spare but the other three are going bub bye.

New rims and tires for March

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, we have a 2016 ILX tech pkg that has 17" aluminum wheels on 215/45/17 all season tires. Thinking of buying winter tires & rims. Can anyone confirm if 16" steelies fitted with 205/55/16 winter tires would fit? Particularly would the wheels clear the brake calipers?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts