Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Its time for me and my wife to get a new car, and we are quite fascinated by the ILX.
The only thing that I have been thinking about is that its not very spacious, specially the leg room in the back seat.
In fact, how is it different from a fully loaded Civic sedan, which is priced at 23k+? The horsepower on the ILX is slightly higher, so the difference is not that dramatic I believe.

What made you choose the ILX over another vehicle like a loaded civic, or a 2014 mazda6? I love this car, but am not IN LOVE with it, so your opinion will help :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
For me, I liked the extra amenities such as HIDs, heated leather, keyless push button start and wanted a lux look vs sporty (was debating si sedan).

Both cars are good choices, it's really a matter of preference
If you think they both look okay to u and u don't care or could live without some of the ilx options, I say just get an si or exl and save about 6k, good luck!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
We love our ILX the previous photos are great. We chose Metallic black with Parchment Leather interior. My Husband and I also ordered the top of the line HYBRID with Tech package. We've had the car over a year with no issues. Never regretted buying our ACURA. Civic is a great car but its still a Civic. I've owned a Mazda, a good car but not inspiring. I've have three friends that looked at mine and bought one. Grey 2.4 premium and Garnet red 2.0 Tech package plus Blue Standard.

Take a look at them in real life,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your responses. I have about 10 days before we will buy, so I will see how I feel about it till then. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
^ Mazda 6 are nice, just no my cup of tee. I'd go for mazdaspeed3 but the transmission and reliability are not as good as my ILX

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had my Garnet Red, Premium package ILX for 2 months . LOVE IT! Wasn't looking for a "hot rod" but with a background in road racing I was surprised at how quick and nimble this little sedan is. Luxurious but still a little rocket for a small four.

·
Registered
131 Posts
^ Mazda 6 are nice, just no my cup of tee. I'd go for mazdaspeed3 but the transmission and reliability are not as good as my ILX
Why isn't the mazda 6 your "cup of tea"? just curious

The new Mazda 6 is actually one of the best vehicles in it's segment at the moment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts