Acura ILX Forums banner

Where's the ILX Coupe?

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cfrp 
#1 ·
I was wondering why there has been no news about the ILX coupe so I did a little research and found out that Acura dropped it from production. Why did they do this?

Looking at this rendering, it would have looked great.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yup, I remember back in Acura's coupe days, mainly the true Acura coupe, the CL. They didn't sell all that well when compared to the rest of their vehicles.

The Acura RSX did sell very well though, even today they have a very strong presence on the street of any major American city. But that's because it wasn't really a true luxury coupe, more so a sporty coupe, a coupe you bought if you want to step up from a Civic coupe.

If Acura brings back the RSX, they could have a winner, no CL though, it failed and will continue to LOL.

#12 ·
I think Acura would destroy the competition if they did this.

If they kept it light weight too.

250hp 180lbs of torque RWD 6 speed LSD ILX coupe.

Oh man...

They could probably knock a good amount of weight off by being a coupe. And the Honda V6s aren't that heavy.

If they somehow just swapped the TLs V6 in and borrowed the RWD from the S2000 or the AWD from the TL but made it shorter to fit the ILX..

Imagine that..

I have to stop dreaming and wake up. Acura is probably going to come out with more economy boxes. It is what sells.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.