Acura ILX Forums banner

Manual or Automatic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Manual! It's just so much more fun driving manual, you get a real feel of the car. Too bad manual transmission cars now no longer make a difference with gas mileage. I believe the ILX Manual and Automatic get almost the same MPG.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
thats the way to do it! nothing like driving a manual transmission car. How do you like the ILX manual transmission compared to the older Honda's you owned?
Equal to my 2010 Civic Si...........not quite as good as either of my S2000's

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
I will say that I drove a friend's 2000 NSX @ Mid-Ohio during an HPDE and it is better than that 6sp but maybe that may be because he had 70K on the odo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the auto because of the Tech package features only come with auto. The other reason is if you ever have hurt your right hand or left foot its pretty hard to drive a 6 speed with one hand or one foot.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
I got the auto because of the Tech package features only come with auto. The other reason is if you ever have hurt your right hand or left foot its pretty hard to drive a 6 speed with one hand or one foot.
If I'm that impaired I'm not driving :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2.4 6 speed on order! Can't wait! Manual cars are so much more fun and engaging to drive. I don't have to deal with stop and go traffic, though.
I haven't had an automatic car as my main car - EVER! Love manual!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a 2.4 6 speed on order! Can't wait! Manual cars are so much more fun and engaging to drive. I don't have to deal with stop and go traffic, though.
I haven't had an automatic car as my main car - EVER! Love manual!
Manual cars are fun and 2.4L 6-speed cars are even more fun! Gotta love Acura's big-block 4 cylinders.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Manual cars are fun and 2.4L 6-speed cars are even more fun! ...............
I agree; I was going to the ILX out to the last autoX of the year but had to work that day

Looks like it would be classified in G/Stock

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
The 6-Speed was the only one offering the K24.. the pairing of the two is perfect.. the transmission from Honda is superior feel to almost all in the weight class.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
FYI to get the tires spinning make sure to turn the VSA control off before dropping the clutch :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Besides being more fun to drive, you're giving up 50 H.P. and a camshaft with the auto. I couldn't be happier with the manual.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Auto :D
Far better for my daily commuter. Especially in my area.

I was going to say screw all that jive and go for the manual anyways simply due to the more horse.
Went to the dealership thinking "tech packages will cost too much, manual has more horse, IM DOWN".
Got there and was told they have ONLY white and black in the manual. Took the black one for a test drive and the only thing I could think was "this is going to suck as a commuter."

Go back to the dealership figuring Id still get the manual for the extra horse regardless. The sales associate ran the numbers for the tech package behind my back and showed me how much he could take off all the accessories if I went ahead with the tech package, PLUS they had the color I wanted. I took the tech package out for a drive and fell in love with HUGE navi display, and I really couldn't feel much different torque wise so I bit. And fk it anyway, we all have to drive the speed limit anyhow.

Went home the proud owner of a brand new Metal Metallic ILX with the technology package.
Sales associate also claimed the resale on the tech package will be nicer than the manual or auto premium. Whether that was just fluff or not; I dont know.

I have plans in the future to make her exactly what I want regardless of the auto transmission. All the tuning will do the same, it'll just take more of an effort.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts