Acura ILX Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here with another wax option

This time one that is known to last a VERY long time surpassing pretty much any paste wax.

Collinite 845

Great water beading characteristics too..

If you want a wax that lasts forever look into Optimim Opti-Coat

Only problem is it is recommended that professional application be required.
Theres a whole opti coat craze going around but it seems be the thing to do if you want long lasting protection. I have yet to try it myself but seen it on other cars it works wonder especially in the winter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here with another wax option

This time one that is known to last a VERY long time surpassing pretty much any paste wax.

Collinite 845

Great water beading characteristics too..

If you want a wax that lasts forever look into Optimim Opti-Coat

Only problem is it is recommended that professional application be required.

I have to step in here and just make one amendment to what you said there............Its not a wax, its a sealant. So is Opti-coat. Waxes dont bond to the paint they just hover on top of it, where as a sealant bonds to the paint/clearcoat and provide a better longer lasting barrier.......

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've decided to go back to bite the bullet and go back to Wolfgang

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have to step in here and just make one amendment to what you said there............Its not a wax, its a sealant. So is Opti-coat. Waxes dont bond to the paint they just hover on top of it, where as a sealant bonds to the paint/clearcoat and provide a better longer lasting barrier.......
Yes sorry I was inaccurate. 845 and Opti-Coat are sealants.

From what I've seen I don't see a disadvantage to them over wax. They are both just as shiny and glossy.

WolfGang makes great products Popeye. I usually try to buy the smallest sizes in waxes so I can try different kinds year to year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've heard about this Opti Coat everyone is doing to their cars but from detailers. From what i heard im not sure if i would trust myself to do it. how much does it usually cost to get your whole car opti coat treated?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its not cheap to do at all, but if you get the bottle yourself and do it you can also do a few cars and maybe make some cash.......i have seen the treatment go for about 100$+.

Wolfgang makes some great stuff, i just recently did an S2000 with some Menzerna products and i have to say the stuff is nice. 2 stage correction, glaze, seal and wax about 14 hrs worth lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow it seems like these guys mark it up quite a bit. I know a friend who is more experience with detailing and charges a decent price. I guess ill just go to him and get it done.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts