Acura ILX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
I would think a Quaife LSD would be cheaper than a complete trans swap ; new-for-new that is

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
New for new I agree. The labor to install a LSD is likely higher than just a transmission swap. Is the final drive on the Si the same as the ILX?

The Si transmission has a limited slip differential Trentimus.

edit: nvm final drives are pretty much the same.
Limited slip diffs aren't the price of a transmission though and the transmissions are direct swaps. The ILX Dynamic has the exact K24 and 6-speed as the Si. I would rather opt for just an LSD.. but you wont really see yourself REQUIRING a LSD until you go over 200whp (like in the case of turbo/S/c) unless you track it. You'd benefit more from a good suspension set up over an LSD until you get those power numbers.

I have to give Honda their credit.. usually even a 200 hp FWD car would have a bit of wheel hop, I get none even when spinning the tires. Has anyone actually noticed Torque Steer or Hop?

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
I haven't dropped the hammer @ redline but may do so next spring on it's maiden autoX event :cool:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm for and against having a Limited-slip differential. It's great for performance as both wheels will actually move with each other, perfect for burnouts and drifting :D But on a car like the ILX, with the packages currently available, it's not necessary to have.

But when/if Acura releases a performance version of the ILX, only then will i see a real need for a limited slip differential, or else it will just fall behind it's competitors.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
I'm for and against having a Limited-slip differential. It's great for performance as both wheels will actually move with each other, perfect for burnouts and drifting :D But on a car like the ILX, with the packages currently available, it's not necessary to have.

But when/if Acura releases a performance version of the ILX, only then will i see a real need for a limited slip differential, or else it will just fall behind it's competitors.
It's more of a handling feature than anything. The most noticeable situations would be throttle applied while turning.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
anything that claims to be high performance requires a LSD in my opinion.
You're saying if they came out with a high performance model? Like a Type-S or Type-R? I am sure they would add on.

I don't think the perception of the ILX is toted very highly in the tuner community.. I, PERSONALLY, doubt you guys will get what you want. I believe they will make improvements but that the Type-// models are gone for the years to come.. maybe to make a return in the future but nothing near.

I'll eventually buy the OEM LSD and have it installed for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You're saying if they came out with a high performance model? Like a Type-S or Type-R? I am sure they would add on.

I don't think the perception of the ILX is toted very highly in the tuner community.. I, PERSONALLY, doubt you guys will get what you want. I believe they will make improvements but that the Type-// models are gone for the years to come.. maybe to make a return in the future but nothing near.

I'll eventually buy the OEM LSD and have it installed for me.
I heard the exact opposite last month right after the dealer meeting in Vegas. 2.4L in the auto and 6MT premium editions. More sporty model with more power and LSD to be introduced. They are taking it slightly up market with the simultaneous demise of the TSX. Could be a load of crap but it sounded legit. Personally, I'd probably take the cheaper 2.4 6MT because it has so much aftermarket support thanks to its Civic Si Cousin. Having said that I will have to wait to see what other goodies come with this higher model - if it shows up at all of course.

·
Registered
38 Posts
does anyone know if an 8th gen Jackson racing supercharger would work on our cars? i was looking at buying one, guy says it works on 2006-2010 honda civic si's. Works on Acura tsx K24A2 A3 A4 engines and Honda crx Z1 any ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dont the 9th gen civics only use a R18 and K24? Not sure if it will fit but if you want it to its gonna take some serious fab. I'll just wait for something to pop up I'm surprised that no one has anything F.I. kits out yet for the ILX.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I kind of forgot how Honda engines are just like lego pieces you can take another piece form somewhere else and just exchange them and it will work. I think down the road when the price of the ILX deprecates it will be a nice platform for tuners to built on. I could just see somebody swapping heads from the new civic si (k24) and making more hp. I would stick to that if it ever happens.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts