Acura ILX Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks lean right up top, which looks like it accounted for the little spike near the end. More so than the peak increase it probably gave you a much broader curve which not many people have a good appreciation for. How does it feel and drive relative to stock?

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Looks lean right up top, which looks like it accounted for the little spike near the end. More so than the peak increase it probably gave you a much broader curve which not many people have a good appreciation for. How does it feel and drive relative to stock?
It really wants to rev so much more.. The power is very noticeable at all RPMs. It really pulls up top, Vit did a good job on my tune. I have higher eDynos (as high as 208whp) but I rather have this super smooth one that is likely the most accurate representation of where my power is now.

The best description I can give is that it was OKAY without the tune but now it feels like a beast.. I mean it drives like it makes more than 192whp

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sick shit!
What else what done to that Si?
complete bolt-ons :)

CT-E Supercharger Stage 2 kit
5.980 Crank Pulley
725cc ID fuel injectors
NGK BKR8EIX Spark Plugs
Merc aftercooler w/ Bosh Pump & Type M2 Heat Exchange
Mishimoto Racing Thermostat
IMT CT-E inlet
Password JDM carbon fiber intake
Password JDM Battery Relocator
Odyssey Battery
Vented Crank Case & Valve Cover
DEI Heat Wrapped Vibrant 4-2-1 Header w/ TurboFlex & HFC
Skunk2 Megapower RR 3" Exhaust
Flashpro fully tuned by E-tunez

Chino, that's beautiful! I LERV it! I am very excited.. supposedly my kit should be in by June.. but here's to hoping. CT is taking their time.
You'll definitely love the kit. every time you WOT you'll hear that lovely scream lol. Even on normal driving you could hear a whistle. Plus, CTe is very well known to have one of the most reliable s/c blower on the market.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Stop trying to make WOT happen.
It's too late!! Haha
complete bolt-ons :)

CT-E Supercharger Stage 2 kit
5.980 Crank Pulley
725cc ID fuel injectors
NGK BKR8EIX Spark Plugs
Merc aftercooler w/ Bosh Pump & Type M2 Heat Exchange
Mishimoto Racing Thermostat
IMT CT-E inlet
Password JDM carbon fiber intake
Password JDM Battery Relocator
Odyssey Battery
Vented Crank Case & Valve Cover
DEI Heat Wrapped Vibrant 4-2-1 Header w/ TurboFlex & HFC
Skunk2 Megapower RR 3" Exhaust
Flashpro fully tuned by E-tunez

You'll definitely love the kit. every time you WOT you'll hear that lovely scream lol. Even on normal driving you could hear a whistle. Plus, CTe is very well known to have one of the most reliable s/c blower on the market.
ERMAGERD.. You make this even more exciting! Thanks for sharing, do you still have your 8th gen?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Selling modded cars is difficult. You really cant use any of your upgrades to up the price. Sadly. If anything the car 8s worth less to the dealer therefor worth less to the consumer.. even if it has 10grand worth of upgrades.

integra got flagged and removed from craigslist for an "outrageous price tag". It was only 3grand and in my opinion worth at least 3 before the mods since I had a brand new tranny in it.
CL users said it was worth less cause its tuned. I said fuck them cause I already have over 20 emails about the car. Sold it to the first guy to check it out for 3100. 100 over what cl said was outrageous. I didnt even let the guy that wanted to pay 3500 check it out because the first guy had to get a ride from his sister to check it out. I felt bad so I let it go since I hit the price I needed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
^ Yea it is very tough to sell heavily modded car. I could bring it back to stock but I did a huge mistake.. sold all and trashed most of my OEM parts :/

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just have to be patient. The right buyer is definitely out there.
I had all my stock parts and the new owner didnt want them. Any idea where I can off a stock intake housing, catback, and suspension? Not worth a dime; id rather give them away.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Update: I got a Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator 2.5" ordered and a Borla XR-1 "S-Type" muffler both are 10"x5" cases but the Borla muffler is a round case and the Vibrant is an oval case. From what I am told the exhaust is 2.5" but cuts down to smaller piping in the rear section. My guy is going to replace the smaller piping with 2.5" to make the exhaust 2.5" from front to back.

Should be a bit louder but definitely super deep. My friend with a K24W Accord just got 2 Borla mufflers attached to the same resonator I ordered and it sounded REALLY good. The XR1 series is a bit louder for Borla but I think it will be a nice sound. I will post updates when they get in and installed. :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
So youll be running the downpipe too
...oe cat or did the down pipe come with a catalytic converter?
...then to OE piping or does the vibrant resonator hook up there?
Ending in the borla muffler.

Also, why run the resonator? Is the car too loud?

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
So youll be running the downpipe too
...oe cat or did the down pipe come with a catalytic converter?
...then to OE piping or does the vibrant resonator hook up there?
Ending in the borla muffler.

Also, why run the resonator? Is the car too loud?
The RV6 downpipe I have now actually replaced the 2 OEM cats with 1 high flow ceramic cat.
The OE midpipe is already 2.5" so I am going to leave that then have the rear section replaced with 2.5" piping, with the OE muffler and resonator replaced with the new ones.

RV6 Downpipe w/ ceramic cat (2.5") -> OE mid pipe (2.5") -> new fabricated 2.5" rear section -> Borla Muffler -> Vibrant Resonator

I haven't figured out a clear answer on wether or not the resonator coming first or last matters.. the internet leads me to believe there is no difference but I may have the shop just temporarily clamp them together to see how they sound.

·
Registered
635 Posts
There shouldnt be MUCH of a difference but it all matters on the resonator and the muffler you go with.
The spot the resonator is in will probably change the frequency output, but I doubt it will get louder or quieter per say with placement.

And that set up sounds to be good. Keeping 2.5 piping all the way back. If you want a deeper sound, a lot of the honda guys back in the day would make what they called an echo chamber. Basically if you get a midpipe that is 3in, so .5 larger than the rest; it will act as an echo chamber making the exhaust tone drastically deeper.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
There shouldnt be MUCH of a difference but it all matters on the resonator and the muffler you go with.
The spot the resonator is in will probably change the frequency output, but I doubt it will get louder or quieter per say with placement.

And that set up sounds to be good. Keeping 2.5 piping all the way back. If you want a deeper sound, a lot of the honda guys back in the day would make what they called an echo chamber. Basically if you get a midpipe that is 3in, so .5 larger than the rest; it will act as an echo chamber making the exhaust tone drastically deeper.

I have never heard about that before.. Hmm I am gonna have to consider it! That's good to hear though, I really hope it works that way because the resonator is a bit bigger than the muffler so it makes sense for it to replace the stock muffler since they're both similarly sized.

I may try that echo chamber in the midpipe

·
Registered
635 Posts
The dcsports exhaust I had on my integra was matched with a larger diameter test pipe to create a velocity type effect. The air towards the end of the piping is traveling faster. This lets the air leaving the exhaust almost pull the air leaving the header.

In the end it made the exhaust sound insanely deep. I loved the outcome. Ill see if I have a video clip

61 - 80 of 91 Posts