Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get a chance to drive in a newly manufactured ILX recently. According to this article by Automobilemag, a customer recently replaced their rear dampers last month resulting in a less rough and more functional rear suspension. Overall, making the ILX a far more pleasant ride.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
It's something others have had an issue with.. I personally dislike the overall suspension itself.

I anticipate this will be a TSB or recall in the near future.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's something others have had an issue with.. I personally dislike the overall suspension itself.

Sure sounds like it will get to that. Although I think they only get serious with recalls if it's a safety issue. If they get a lot of complaints we will probably see something being done faster. I guess the more of us that post about it here, the better chances we have of seeing a TSB on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts

I hope so, but I doubt it. Recalls are meant to deal with safety problems. This is just Acura improving the suspension. Not exactly something they are forced to give its current owners.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I hope so, but I doubt it. Recalls are meant to deal with safety problems. This is just Acura improving the suspension. Not exactly something they are forced to give its current owners.
Technically if you hear something abnormal and its a result of the faulty shocks that's under warranty

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is that based on more than one occasion with the suspension issue though? that shouldn't be a problem because we all have warranties at the moment. Maybe an extended warranty might have been a good option to go with. I haven't experience any thing like that yet but ill keep an eye on it and see if I feel any of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts