Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests..!!

I just recently purchased a Bellanova White Pearl ILX 6 speed 2 days ago from Glendale Acura :)

Current Mods:
17x7.5 +40 Volk Racing - Rays Gramlight 57s polished in gun metal

Follow me on instagram :)
Instagram

I'll post photos up when I get a chance!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Damn got it two days ago and already on new wheels eh?

And for the record Gram Lights aren't Volks.
Rays>GramLights>57
Rays>VolkRacing>se37

Make sense? Volks are Rays but not all Rays are Volks. Rays makes wheels for many companies.
General difference is GramLights are probably better for your daily/spirited driving because their focus is a lightweight race inspired design.
Volks however are more of a race wheel; I believe they are stronger (more pricey) and have a wider range of applications application.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Rays>GramLights>57
Rays>VolkRacing>se37

Make sense? Volks are Rays but not all Rays are Volks. Rays makes wheels for many companies.
General difference is GramLights are probably better for your daily/spirited driving because their focus is a lightweight race inspired design.
Volks however are more of a race wheel; I believe they are stronger (more pricey) and have a wider range of applications application.
Thanks for the clarification and yes already put new shoes on it lol..

I'm selling my 7th gen accord and they were originally on that, so I took them off and put on the old stock rims back and now I have a brand new set of ILX rims and tires sitting in the garage lol

·
Registered
455 Posts

Rays>GramLights>57
Rays>VolkRacing>se37

I guess people get confused with the brands since they have similar designs, designs that cater to the same crowd and you even see Rays And Volk all on some wheels.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Rays ARE the company
Volks ARE a brand of wheels.
Gramlights are a brand of wheels

Anyways back on topic! Congrats on the new car!!
Fixed:single fuck:

Oh yeah, back on topic... new owner... awesome topic!

·
Registered
60 Posts
.....You're quite the internet smart ass aren't you?

Oh btw "is" is generally used when there's a singular noun, "are" is used whenever that noun has been made into a plural, or more than one.

So they should all be "is"

.. but I didn't know that a casual ilx forum had grammar police...:sleep:

·
Registered
635 Posts
You told me to get back on topic when that conversation was the most worth while bit of information to surface on this site in the last week.
OP learned something new and wont look like he doesnt know what he owns when talking to someone that knows EVERYTHING about Rays wheels.
Dude learned something and you're telling me to get back on topic. To that, I'll grade your damn post.

Edit:
Nice Ninja edit.
Correct on Rays being singular and an is is correct. However it sounds atrocious and if you said it out loud you would surely say "Rays are the company" not "Rays is the company" or else you would sound like a fool.

Volks however is plural and needs the are per your definition.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice, are those RLXs in front of your ILX? did you get a chance to check them out?
I checked out the RLX at the Dealer while servicing my ILX HYBRID. The RLX is a great car. Handles well for its size. The RDX is great to, just a bit bland looking. The headlights are great, double screens too, but the navi is still behind the times. What is with Honda/Acura and their Navi systems?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.