Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, idk where that came from. I've had the car less then 200 miles and I went to put a box in the trunk today and saw the drivers taillight on the lid had a small 2 inch crack going across it. Its odd, it kind of looks like its inside the light because the outside is still smooth. I have no idea what could have cause it. I'm gonna see if I can make the dealer replace it since it doesn't look like anything hit it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer told me it was stress cracks from someone pressing on it or pushing something on it really hard and refused to replaced. Basically I guess someone somewhere vandalized my car with the few days I had it. They did give me a nice quote of $499.18 to replace a taillight lol....lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
Dealer told me it was stress cracks from someone pressing on it or pushing something on it really hard and refused to replaced. Basically I guess someone somewhere vandalized my car with the few days I had it. They did give me a nice quote of $499.18 to replace a taillight lol....lol
Sucks, but they do make a good point, possible that happened. For now you might want to seal the cracked area with clear silicone

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
You can find the OEM taillight for much cheaper online and replace it yourself; or like AcuraPWR stated, seal it up and good to go ;)

I personally would just seal it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.