Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura has done it again by giving us an amazing 6-speed manual transmission. The 2.4-liter engine mated to the 6-speed makes for a wicked combination....the 2.4 being so rev happy, easily getting up to 6000-7000 with solid power all the way through and the 6-speed precisely taking you through every gear!

In the future I can see tuners swapping this transmission to other Honda engines, kinda like the popular H2B combo....a H22 with an ITR 6-speed transmission.

Anyone else love the 6-speed ILX as much as me? Share your thoughts about it below :cool:

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
This is the best manual I have had before.. granted my others were archaic Tremec transmissions.
Positives:
The motor and transmission together, just work.. no other way to say it.
The transmission just moves from gear to gear effortlessly
The rollback feature is really helpful
The shift knob from the 2011 Si that we got is one of the nicest shift knobs in a car, I think
The clutch has a easy-to-feel engagement point and is ridiculously drivable in stop and go traffic

Negatives:
The gearing is too high, 1st-3rd are really too short for performance driving or daily driving - 6th gear @70 is 3K RPM? That's obnoxious but I guess it's good cause I always cruise at <65 MPH because of it.

The rev hang between shifts is ridiculous for any kind of quick shifting, I have to delay my shifts during daily commutes to get it to rev match for a smooth shift (ECU issue I believe though)

I WANT A LIMITED SLIP DIFF BUT THEY'RE ALL 800+ :(((

·
Registered
378 Posts
This is the best manual I have had before.. granted my others were archaic Tremec transmissions.
Positives:
The motor and transmission together, just work.. no other way to say it.
The transmission just moves from gear to gear effortlessly
The rollback feature is really helpful
The shift knob from the 2011 Si that we got is one of the nicest shift knobs in a car, I think
The clutch has a easy-to-feel engagement point and is ridiculously drivable in stop and go traffic

Negatives:
The gearing is too high, 1st-3rd are really too short for performance driving or daily driving - 6th gear @70 is 3K RPM? That's obnoxious but I guess it's good cause I always cruise at <65 MPH because of it.

The rev hang between shifts is ridiculous for any kind of quick shifting, I have to delay my shifts during daily commutes to get it to rev match for a smooth shift (ECU issue I believe though)

I WANT A LIMITED SLIP DIFF BUT THEY'RE ALL 800+ :(((
surprised ilx_fan didn't mention the shifter, it really is a beautiful looking shifter that acts like a center piece for the whole interior, automatic shifter just looks ugly.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
It's good but not as good as the trans in the S2000.

....and yes the car needs a 7th gear for freeway driving

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's good but not as good as the trans in the S2000.

....and yes the car needs a 7th gear for freeway driving
Very true but as for a 6-speed in a entry level luxury sedan for $30k, it's good! and most importantly works well with the 2.4L engine.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Very true but as for a 6-speed in a entry level luxury sedan for $30k, it's good! and most importantly works well with the 2.4L engine.
I agree; but shouldn't that be expected ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts