Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easy to take em off? Fishing line trick work on these?
You do not want to use fishing line because you might scratch the paint. Use floss and a hair dryer ... Heat the area each letter individually for about 45 seconds on high. Then slide the floss behind each letter "one at a time!!!" . Slide the floss at different areas or angles of each letter. Apply heat when you feel the floss getting stuck. (DO NOT TUG OR PULL ON THE LETTER) because the oppisite side of the letter will dig into the paint. After removing the letters simply heat the leftover glue and rub off with you finger. Do not scratch it with your nail!!! Finish it off with a little wax and you should be good to go...

·
Registered
378 Posts
You do not want to use fishing line because you might scratch the paint. Use floss and a hair dryer ... Heat the area each letter individually for about 45 seconds on high. Then slide the floss behind each letter "one at a time!!!" . Slide the floss at different areas or angles of each letter. Apply heat when you feel the floss getting stuck. (DO NOT TUG OR PULL ON THE LETTER) because the oppisite side of the letter will dig into the paint. After removing the letters simply heat the leftover glue and rub off with you finger. Do not scratch it with your nail!!! Finish it off with a little wax and you should be good to go...
Is there any sort of chemical or cleaner we can use to get ride of the glue? just heating it up and rubbing it off seems like it'll smudge it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No just keep rubbing it in the same direction. Lightly pinch and pull the glue off. Or use a microfiber towel and rub it off.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I myself would prefer a smaller Acura badge on the rear

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the info. Glad I asked.

It looks way better when you add the deck lid....
Yeah the deck lid you put on is kick ass!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just pull it off with my hands. I might try to cut into the adhesive with some fishing wire. Heating it up makes it easier.
I've seen people do this. Pulling it off with your hands work well once the glue is heated up enough.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks so good, im gonna have to do this for sure, that spolier is boss, im glad that it has the CSL look to it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts