Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the general opinion of the OEM rear spoiler? It's like 500 bucks (installed). You guys think it's worth it?
I'm kinda on the fence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased the oem spoiler from a friend at acura with his discount so it ended up being 276 after taxes (399 msrp) and had it installed for 198 after taxes at acura. yes it's a lot of money but I love my spoiler! wish it would have come with the car when I leased it, but they did not have any with the accessory on the lot at that time.

image.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you're a diy person order it from www.curryacuraparts.com/mdx and do it yourself.

I ordered the whole oem kit and installed it myself. Comes with all instuctions but I won't lie. OEM parts while they do fit amazing, are a pain in the ass to install!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're a diy person order it from www.curryacuraparts.com/mdx and do it yourself.

I ordered the whole oem kit and installed it myself. Comes with all instuctions but I won't lie. OEM parts while they do fit amazing, are a pain in the ass to install!!
I do most of the work on my cars myself, I was a Honda motorcycle mechanic for 10 yrs, but
drilling holes in my trunk lid would be like sticking a needle in my eye. Don't think I could do it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Drilling was pretty easy. The OEM spoiler comes with a template. Just put it over the trunk. Mark and drill! You'll need a 8mm and a 9mm hole.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does it include a rubber gasket to sandwich in between the spoiler and the trunk and yeah touch up paint would be good to seal up the cracks in the paint so no rust can start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts