Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 19 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my second ILX couple weeks ago. I have a 2014 2.4 Metal Metallic with a black interior, it is a premium package.

Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome! I got my 2014 white 2.4 a couple of weeks ago as well! Finally made it through the break in period, so much better to be able to rev it up and not drive it so conservative, I'm even getting 32mpgs combined during my commute! Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome! I got my 2014 white 2.4 a couple of weeks ago as well! Finally made it through the break in period, so much better to be able to rev it up and not drive it so conservative, I'm even getting 32mpgs combined during my commute! Enjoy your new car!
I know what you mean about the break in. I took a 300 mi (6 hr) "lunch break" to finish mine. Really love running the tach to redline now and then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ya the car finally feels like the car i wanted to buy and drive! so much fun to drive! and the engine sounds so nice running the tach to redline!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is very fun to drive, although my commute to work is city driving, so dealing with red lights it does get annoying. Also with the ILX being my first standard car, never enjoyed driving until I learned how to drive it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes it is very fun to drive, although my commute to work is city driving, so dealing with red lights it does get annoying. Also with the ILX being my first standard car, never enjoyed driving until I learned how to drive it.
how do you find driving a manual during your commutes? I know a lot of people hate it and rather have their commuter be an automatic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do you find driving a manual during your commutes? I know a lot of people hate it and rather have their commuter be an automatic.
My commute is about 10 miles each way with about 13 lights in between. It varies day to day, sometimes I can catch all green lights and other days I catch 2-5 red lights during my commute. Although since I'm a kid I love the quickness of the 2.4, so therefore I can maneuver through traffic and stay away from the slower people. Also it does help that the main street I take to work is basically a highway and it's everyone else's main way to work, so catching traffic helps keeps the green lights on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on getting an ILX.

Did you do any first mods to it yet? Also did you get paint protection done?
Thanks..It's a lease through work. Haven't done anything to it except take off the ilx emblem. What I would like to do is lower it.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Congrats on your purchase

1 - 19 of 23 Posts