Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to switch out my wifes 2013 ILX map light bulbs to LED's, but I can't figure out how to remove it. Can someone give me a couple pointers? I'm not trying to destroy her map light.

Also, I believe her car already has HID's, so I'd like to swap out the bulbs with a different color, possible 6k's. I figured out how to remove the cap covering the bulb and the plug that connects to it, but I can't figure out how to remove the bulb itself from the housing area. I tried twisting and pulling.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry I just looked at this now. If you still have not removed the HID bulbs you do so by:
1) twist off the round outer cover
2) The actual bulb is secured by two metal spring bars that are positioned on both sides of the bulb. Push in and then toward the bulb and the spring bars will release the bulb.

I hope that helps?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry I just looked at this now. If you still have not removed the HID bulbs you do so by:
1) twist off the round outer cover
2) The actual bulb is secured by two metal spring bars that are positioned on both sides of the bulb. Push in and then toward the bulb and the spring bars will release the bulb.

I hope that helps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts