Acura ILX Forums banner

ILX Splash Guards

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cfrp 
#1 ·
I just ordered some splash guards for my ILX. Anyone have any feedback on them?

#3 ·
@ OP, I find splash guards to be ugly, they're great in the winter months when there's slush, but aside from that I would take them off for late spring, summer and early fall months since they make the car look ugly. And like mentioned below, if you want to install a lip kit, you'll have to decide between lip kit or mud guards.

LOL

#5 ·
Damn. Love how different all of our opinions can range.

When I got my first car, the acura integra, i took the splash guards off ASAP cause I was a bit... ricey.
A few years later after I saw what other Honda Heads were doing I cleaned them up and put them back on. Splashguards in the civic/integra world sell like hot cakes. They are a great accessory that adds to the right car the right way.

With that said, I told the dealer right away I need splash guards. I looked at the lip kit and decided against it. I love my splash guards and I think you will too!

Further more. Unlike my integra, that didnt really kick up any water. my ilx does like I beast and I hate it. Splash guards definitely made a difference with that.

#10 ·
these ones are pretty low profile compare to old ones that Acura use to offer. i like them now and they do serve an important function. I'm sick of all the debris thrown on to the quarter panels and having to clean them after. If you look at cars that dont have splash guards the quarters and fenders are quite scratched up.

#12 ·
It looks good if you don't have the lip kit. I'm not sure how that would work with the lip kit.

It's a low profile splash guard that is for sure. Having it paint matched helps. If it was plastic black I wouldn't want one.
I agree with you the low-profile and paint match is critical to making these look good. Acura pulled them off without making them intrusive in my opinion.

They do not work with the OEM lip spoilers. You could only use the front spoiler but not the mid or rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.