Acura ILX Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just informed by my dealer contact that they have dropped red as a color choice. I'm surprised at this decision.
Wow, interesting. Didn't know that. I thought really hard about going with the Crimson Garnet when I ordered mine. It's a nice color.

Edit: Still shows available on acura.com when I build & price an ILX.

·
Registered
98 Posts
maybe my dealer is saying not available in California???? Had a sighting. Black on Tan Hybrid Tech like mine, first time in SoCal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow, interesting. Didn't know that. I thought really hard about going with the Crimson Garnet when I ordered mine. It's a nice color.

Edit: Still shows available on acura.com when I build & price an ILX.

Dealer must be wrong or maybe its hard to get red in California. Lots of white, black and silver. Rare for blue, brown and red.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I see a white ILX and black ILX at my gun range monthly. I see a white one from time to time on my way to lunch and there is a white one right up the street from my house.

I saw a black one on my way to lunch 2 days ago.

Ive seen my color, PMM, maybe 3 times. Two without fogs one 2.4.

So far nothing exactly like mine yet.

I am glad I am starting to see more on the road. I love rolling up next to them since you can tell they have the same car but mine looks pretty different now with a drop, white wheels, front lip, rear roof spoiler, etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm seeing at least two a day on my commute to work and back home respectively, they are definitely getting more popular in my neck of the woods

·
Registered
98 Posts
The first line up just recently ended and 2014s are still being pushed with 2015 not even hinted at yet.
You cant consider something rare if it is still in production. COME ON PEOPLE.
I do understand what rare is...I have a 535xiT....through research with my friend at BMW...only 20 were made like mine in 2010 and imported to the states. I'm sorry I didn't clarify well and offend my fellow ILX owner. In the LA/SoCal area, I have mainly seen Black, Med Silver, Silver Moon and White. Have yet to see brown on the road. I've seen two blue so far. In regards to red, one, my friends. Wishing you many miles of enjoyment with your ILX. Happy Holidays

·
Registered
635 Posts
I dont believe I was only talking to you so no worries man.
Ive heard more than once that white was "rare" in california. Then heard blue and red was rare.

In my opinion, something can't be considered "rare" unless you CAN NOT for any amount of money get the manufacturer to make another. If they are still in production they cant be rare... just not seen often.

Taken 2 days ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The ILX has many other amenities inside, but cost cutting is apparent, and the interior lacks the polish expected in the segment and for the price. The leather seats are showing obvious signs of wear, lending a whiff of shabbiness to the cabin. multiple folks have been disappointed by the overall lack of lateral support and the one-size-fits-all lumbar support.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
A young couple two blocks away bought a 2014 FBP 6sp ILX over Christmas. They said they had saw our car driving by and loved it

·
Registered
635 Posts
Fuck yeah^^ Makes you feel good huh. There is a white ilx up the street from me. Ill go ahead and assume they saw mine and did the same ;)

And they are plastidipped. Soon to replace them!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts