Acura ILX Forums banner

Homelink Unit

8K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Trentimus 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just bought an ILX Premium and I am hurting to find out after the purchase that it doesn't come with the Homelink unit!!! Didn't check before the actual purchase. Thinking that all Acuras would come standard with it, I didn't check it since I initially saw it in their demo car which unfortunantly happened to be a Tech package demo.

Anyways, anyone know if it is possible to buy that specific part, install on my premium package ILX and have it working? Or does it need the navi to work?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
The big question is whether the Homelink module is a stand alone unit or not. From doing a random search on Ebay on Homelink units, it almost seem like they are standalone seeing that most of them have only two wires (power & ground I assume).

I've called two dealers and was told since it came with the Tech package it requires the Tech package to work. But from their tone of voice, they didn't sound convincing. The car is still new to the market so I guess only time will tell.

#4 ·
Did some research on gate/garage remotes and was able to find a universal remote sold at Home Depot that I was able to program my community's gate with. All I needed to know was the DIP switch settings on another working remote and followed the instructions.

My conclusion is that if this tiny little remote can program my gate, the Homelink is most likely a stand alone unit not requiring the Navi to work. I'll keep my eyes on ebay for an ILX Homelink and test this idea when there's a chance.

Cheers.

#5 ·
Let us know.. and yeah you can basically never talk to the dealer about stuff like that.. They don't know so they spew an answer out.. one guy was told the Hybrid spoiler couldn't work on other models... weird how it's on his car now lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.