Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Doing some thinking into what wheels I want for my ilx. I did a few chops to see what look I like best. Here are three so far.. All tires are the tires in the picture so all wheels are 17in.

First, my favorite wheels, but not sure if I like them with the body lines of the ILX.
Work Meisters in a custom matte black

Second are some 5 spokes I feel work with the body lines a bit more.
Desmond Evos in almighty grey.

And lastly, a totally different look.
Some CCW LM20 fully polished.

Im interested in what a few volk models will look like. Namely the se37 and re30s, also want to try the enkei nt03.

Any ideas that might be easy to photoshop let me know! Hope you guys like the ideas so far.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
The CCWs are always a win. I'd say maybe Work Emotions, Volk TE37 (I think I am going this route), Volk G25, I was even thinking OZ ultraleggars might look nice.

Great photoshop work

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir.
I want to try the Work Emotion kai as well. My mind thought of the te37 right away but just about very model car ever has sported a set of those so I figured no need wasting time to chop them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The regamasters actually look really weird on the ILX, the CCWs would look better if you had 18s or 19s the ones in the pic looks like its only 17s. But the forgestar rims look really good you should do a chop with those on the ILX.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like the work miesters but think they would look better all black, even the lip in black....

can you photoshop BBS LM wheels on the ILX? Would love to see how it would look....

·
Registered
339 Posts
I knew that was coming the BBS LM. Thos are soem classic rims usually on bmws and porshes. But it could look just as good on the Acura ILX in my opinion. Nothing less than 18" though I think the best looking size of rim would be 19" in the wheel well of the ILX.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think 19 would be a nice size to fit in the Acura ILX. what is the largest size that Acura offers as an option for the ILX?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think 19" would be the best looking for the ILX. It fills up the wheel well and doesn't look oversized. Has anyone figure out the offset for the stock oem ILX wheels yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
^that almost looks real, good photoshop skills. good looking set of rims but I find for multi spokes or basket wave type weaves you need to have at least 18" for it to flow well. In this picture it looks like the wheels are 17".

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I think once lowered 17s will look better but 18 is probably the most aesthically appropriate on this car. 19 I would be worried about bending or curbing the rim as you would have much less sidewall. :(

I am excited to see what people do though!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed with everything Trentimus said.

And Andre, thank you and you're correct. All three photshops I did are 17in wheels. I did this by using the rubber from the real ilx picture so that never changed size. Just the wheel itself.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was about to make another thread but figured we dont need the clutter and the title I gave this thread can encompass it too.

The changes are very subtle so they may not be that noticeable but that's how I like to mod the appearance of my cars.
Alright so in this shot I tinted the headlights. They have 65% visibility left.
Front grill is a darker metallic to match the lights.

For the rear I left the tail lights the same and darked the lower red reflectors about 60% so they have 40% visibility left.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts