Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome everyone to Acura ILX forums : ILXforums.com

This is the first, and inevitably the largest community for Acura ILX owners, and our crazy modified ILX's :)

Please introduce yourself and say hello!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Awesome forum! Can't wait for the ILX's to become available. Acura did an amazing job at keeping the Acura ILX design far off from the 9th Generation Civic which it's based off of. Far better than what they did in the past with the 1.6 EL, 1.7 EL & CSX.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm hoping the ILX will be my wife's next car. Her 8 1/2 year old RSX is still in good shape, but I'd like to get her the 2.4L 6 speed power train with more luxury than my 2007 Si Sedan.

2004 Eternal Blue Acura RSX 5-speed
2007 Fiji Blue Civic Si Sedan

2008 Rio Yellow S2000

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looking to replace my Acura EL with the ILX, CSX just looks way too much like a Civic.

I'm hoping the ILX will be my wife's next car. Her 8 1/2 year old RSX is still in good shape, but I'd like to get her the 2.4L 6 speed power train with more luxury than my 2007 Si Sedan.
RSXer looking for a potential replacement
=D
I see the ILX is attracting the RSX crowd, modded RSX's by any chance? :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Integra owner. Just waiting to see if this new car will be a worthy successor. Of course, even if it is, I won't be happy until there's a coupe/hatch version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm Lisa and I owned a 90 Integra GS that had 260K miles on it when the odometer stopped working and I ended up killing the car not too long after that. Have had several other cars since then, and nothing has come close to my love of that Integra! So here I am, a 51 yr old chomping at the bit to get my hands on the ILX 2.4L 6speed! Don't feel in control of the car unless it's a manual. Never have I bought a brand new car....this will be my exception. Glad to see this forum exists! Will be here a lot, I'm sure.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Integra owner. Just waiting to see if this new car will be a worthy successor. Of course, even if it is, I won't be happy until there's a coupe/hatch version.
I can't see a hatch happening but who knows it just could happen but not anytime soon. The ILX coupe seems promising, but we don't know anything about it, acura hasn't released any info on it, all we have is a rendering to go off of for now

see this thread ---> http://www.ilxforums.com/forum/3-acura-ilx-news-reviews/77-acura-ilx-coupe-rendered-into-reality.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking to replace my Acura EL with the ILX, CSX just looks way too much like a Civic.

I see the ILX is attracting the RSX crowd, modded RSX's by any chance? :D
Our RSX has only the Acura body kit, a CAI, and a spoiler. Is is very mildly modded. We even use a second set of OEM wheels in the winter.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Our RSX has only the Acura body kit, a CAI, and a spoiler. Is is very mildly modded. We even use a second set of OEM wheels in the winter.
I was expecting more mods, but thats cool. Keep the RSX and mod it, I hardly see any properly modded RSX's

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 Civic EX

Owner of a Civic here, looking to upgrade a bit in the next couple of years. ILX is at the top of the list for now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was expecting more mods, but thats cool. Keep the RSX and mod it, I hardly see any properly modded RSX's
^ horrible advice.

Any self respecting male shouldn't drive a Acura RSX of all cars, just look at it, it's a chicks car. It's the Miata of all Acura's. Sell it!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Currently an owner of an S2000 and TL. Both cars are not fuel efficent at all. I heard about the Acura ILX and thought of it as a replacemen for the TL, so I can save some money on gas. We'll see how everything goes when I go check one out.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Currently an owner of an S2000 and TL. Both cars are not fuel efficent at all. I heard about the Acura ILX and thought of it as a replacemen for the TL, so I can save some money on gas. We'll see how everything goes when I go check one out.
Good choice, ILX probably has all the features and options a TL has and maybe more, might as well make the switch for better gas mileage. Which generation TL is it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm Alyssa and I just bought an ILX 2 days ago- went in looking at the RDX and fell in love with this car instead! I got it in the Polished Metal, premium package, automatic. Unfortunately it's in the shop already... As soon as I pulled out of the dealership the Check Emissions and Check Transmission lights came on. So they originally gave me an '11 TSX wagon for the weekend, I said no, that's not cool, so I'm in a '12 TSX now. It's okay, I just want the ILX back!!! Has anyone else had any issues? I'm assuming since it's new to Acura there's some bugs to work out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts