Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I emailed Evasive Motorsports about how they got the stance they did with the ILX @ Sema

They used Rays G25 wheels with a spec of 19x8.5 +45 with 235/35/19 tires.. They did NOT have to roll the fenders (this really surprises me)..

Here's the part I didn't expect.. they used 5mm spacers in the front and 10mm in the back. Their car's stance looks so good it tempts me to go 19" wheels in that exact spec/set up but I am not looking for the headache that can potentially come from that tire/wheel size combo.

In short.. we can get a pretty aggressive set-up on this car.. I am thinking about a lower offset to get a deeper concave and then using spacers to get the clearance and flush look back.. anyways thought I would share. They responded really quick so if anyone is looking to buy definitely contact them, I noticed they have a few parts up already for ILX

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really wanna go something 17 or 18 w/ a 8-9" width, the offset and tire size w/ it being lowered over 1.5 inches is the part I am worried about.. but he said the same thing, you could go 9" width or a different offset if you wanted. I want something with a concave but from what I have been reading the TE37 SL have more of a concave but they're limited in options.. I'd really LOVE some pressed graphite TE37 SLs 18" but to figure out the offset/width that wont rub and hopefully give some concave

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
IMHO if you looking for good looks these options are doable ; But with only 200hp on board my wheel criteria will be lighter reciprocating weight without sacrificing strength.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMHO if you looking for good looks these options are doable ; But with only 200hp on board my wheel criteria will be lighter reciprocating weight without sacrificing strength.
I won't be racing the car but Volks offer up really light wheels. The 17x9 TE37SL are only in the 16lb range. Even the 19s are below 20lbs

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Curious how much lighter they will be than stock wheels, might be possible that you can "pimp out" your ILX and get slightly better MPG's while at it
I am not sure how much the stock Alloys weigh.. I am gonna say way more than 16lbs but probably less than 18.5

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I doubt there will be a noticeable difference
there's also the weight of the driver to factor in and any cargo. in the end it could just even out making no difference.
I disagree.. with wheels it's a little different. The wheels themselves have to be turned.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rotational weight influence is greater than say if you were talking about saving a few lbs by removing your spare.. then I'd say "it wont make a difference" but because the weight we are talking about is rotational it will likely have a noticeable impact. It's the same reason lightweight flywheels, ect are out there.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Love those wheels, what color are you going to get?

I forgot what color ILX you have but I think bronze looks amazing :D

I am really wanted TE37s in Bronze or Pressed Graphite !! +1 to that

·
Acura ILX Forum Admin
149 Posts
I wonder how well a +25-30 offset will sit, maybe even a +20. I'd love to run a +20 offset on a 8 or 8.5 inch wheel without rolling and pulling the fender
This is very doable 18x8.5 20+ with 225/40/18

If you want to have the stretch look and go wider wheels. Go with 18x9 or 9.5 with 35+ offset.

The fronts will clear no problem, its the rear that will be a bit risky without roll if you are going aggressive setup.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.