Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I emailed Evasive Motorsports about how they got the stance they did with the ILX @ Sema

They used Rays G25 wheels with a spec of 19x8.5 +45 with 235/35/19 tires.. They did NOT have to roll the fenders (this really surprises me)..

Here's the part I didn't expect.. they used 5mm spacers in the front and 10mm in the back. Their car's stance looks so good it tempts me to go 19" wheels in that exact spec/set up but I am not looking for the headache that can potentially come from that tire/wheel size combo.

In short.. we can get a pretty aggressive set-up on this car.. I am thinking about a lower offset to get a deeper concave and then using spacers to get the clearance and flush look back.. anyways thought I would share. They responded really quick so if anyone is looking to buy definitely contact them, I noticed they have a few parts up already for ILX

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really wanna go something 17 or 18 w/ a 8-9" width, the offset and tire size w/ it being lowered over 1.5 inches is the part I am worried about.. but he said the same thing, you could go 9" width or a different offset if you wanted. I want something with a concave but from what I have been reading the TE37 SL have more of a concave but they're limited in options.. I'd really LOVE some pressed graphite TE37 SLs 18" but to figure out the offset/width that wont rub and hopefully give some concave

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TE37 don't start getting concave til the 9.5s :(

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
IMHO if you looking for good looks these options are doable ; But with only 200hp on board my wheel criteria will be lighter reciprocating weight without sacrificing strength.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMHO if you looking for good looks these options are doable ; But with only 200hp on board my wheel criteria will be lighter reciprocating weight without sacrificing strength.
I won't be racing the car but Volks offer up really light wheels. The 17x9 TE37SL are only in the 16lb range. Even the 19s are below 20lbs

·
Registered
378 Posts
I wonder how well a +25-30 offset will sit, maybe even a +20. I'd love to run a +20 offset on a 8 or 8.5 inch wheel without rolling and pulling the fender

·
Registered
128 Posts
I won't be racing the car but Volks offer up really light wheels. The 17x9 TE37SL are only in the 16lb range. Even the 19s are below 20lbs
Curious how much lighter they will be than stock wheels, might be possible that you can "pimp out" your ILX and get slightly better MPG's while at it

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Curious how much lighter they will be than stock wheels, might be possible that you can "pimp out" your ILX and get slightly better MPG's while at it
I am not sure how much the stock Alloys weigh.. I am gonna say way more than 16lbs but probably less than 18.5

·
Registered
378 Posts
I doubt there will be a noticeable difference
there's also the weight of the driver to factor in and any cargo. in the end it could just even out making no difference.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I doubt there will be a noticeable difference
there's also the weight of the driver to factor in and any cargo. in the end it could just even out making no difference.
I disagree.. with wheels it's a little different. The wheels themselves have to be turned.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rotational weight influence is greater than say if you were talking about saving a few lbs by removing your spare.. then I'd say "it wont make a difference" but because the weight we are talking about is rotational it will likely have a noticeable impact. It's the same reason lightweight flywheels, ect are out there.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I may end up going to a Mugen GP wheel;although @ $750/ea this may change

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love those wheels, what color are you going to get?

I forgot what color ILX you have but I think bronze looks amazing :D

I am really wanted TE37s in Bronze or Pressed Graphite !! +1 to that

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Love those wheels, what color are you going to get?

I forgot what color ILX you have but I think bronze looks amazing :D

It's BPW;and if I pull the trigger in March they'll be Gunmetal

·
Acura ILX Forum Admin
139 Posts
I wonder how well a +25-30 offset will sit, maybe even a +20. I'd love to run a +20 offset on a 8 or 8.5 inch wheel without rolling and pulling the fender
This is very doable 18x8.5 20+ with 225/40/18

If you want to have the stretch look and go wider wheels. Go with 18x9 or 9.5 with 35+ offset.

The fronts will clear no problem, its the rear that will be a bit risky without roll if you are going aggressive setup.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts