Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.. I browsed around and didn't necessarily find anyone talking about this but I am trying to figure out what offset to go with on aftermaket wheels being that I plan on a 2" drop via coil overs. I am thinking 18 x 8 w/ 215/40/18 tires (this could be off on the sidewall). I figure the offset is something like +33-40 depending on how flush you want it, but that's the part I don't know.. :( Has anyone found anything on wether or not we share the exact offset requirements and fender distance as a 9th gen Civic? That's really where I am hoping we are cause that would sure make it easier to compare other people's builds before I drop 1,500 on wheels :confused:

I messaged a couple of wheel manufatures and TEIN to see if they could give me any feedback. I am really hoping to have my car on coils and wheels by summer. :cool:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think you will need at least 9-9.5 inch wide wheels if you want to get closer to being flush. What kinda stance and fitment are you looking for? Any examples?

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The offset fitment should be the same as the 9th gen Civic. I can tell you now that with a 18x8 setup with stretched 215 tires the offset is way too weak.
It was kind of a shot in the dark. What would you suggest?

I think you will need at least 9-9.5 inch wide wheels if you want to get closer to being flush. What kinda stance and fitment are you looking for? Any examples?
I am not gonna roll the fenders and I am not gonna put the car on top of the rim. I am aiming for a close to flush look.. The only thing I can reference is my old Cobra where I could get tires that fit the rim w/o going over and without stretching, was still dropped 2.25 inches and didn't have rub. I'll search around some civic forums and see what I can't scrounge up.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These look to be 18" wheels.. where I found them there was no specifics on this or that.

ILX1.jpg
ILX2.jpg

After examining the photos.. they definitely got some beefy tires to fit; so I retract my "215" statement

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like with that set-up.. you might need to roll the fenders though.. but I wouldn't mind being like half an inch taller or stretching the tires a bit there.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I'll be on TEIN's by spring and am looking a 17x8 set up nothing crazy . I'm also researching Wilwood and Baer for brake kits

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's worth the do! I can tell our suspension is too soft for hard driving; I put her through some mild turns.. not the worst though; you can tell she is light on her feet! I feel like the brakes are really good, man.. I might hold off til you get some more miles on the brakes or more power.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I agree ; I missed the last autoX of the season do to work but plan on an early 2013 session next year hopefully lowered on some TEIN's and with a set of RE-11's

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's worth the do! I can tell our suspension is too soft for hard driving; I put her through some mild turns.. not the worst though; you can tell she is light on her feet! I feel like the brakes are really good, man.. I might hold off til you get some more miles on the brakes or more power.
or even better, performance pads. those alone will help. even slotted/drilled rotors.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
or even better, performance pads. those alone will help. even slotted/drilled rotors.
I tracked the S2000 on pads alone and found that even the best drilled rotors were strictly a "bling" factor infact they had a tendency to crack after two sessions. Now cryo-treated is a whole different deal

·
Registered
131 Posts
I tracked the S2000 on pads alone and found that even the best drilled rotors were strictly a "bling" factor infact they had a tendency to crack after two sessions. Now cryo-treated is a whole different deal
plus those rotors wear out your pads faster. had them on my previous car and it just wasn't worth it. thankfully there were some cheap no-name brand.

i would start with better pads, when more power is made upgrading to a BBK would be a good idea

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I agree 110 %

1 - 14 of 14 Posts