Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just recently got a 2016 w/ 24k miles. Not consistently, but when I step on the gas it jerks/jumps aggressively. I even hear the gears shift too. Like I said it doesn’t happen often but it’s usually when going uphill, from a stop or traffic. Maybe I’m just not quite use to the pedals or gas acceleration. I’ve read this is a common issue, is there any fix? Or just something to get used to? Any help or feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I just recently got a 2016 w/ 24k miles. Not consistently, but when I step on the gas it jerks/jumps aggressively. I even hear the gears shift too. Like I said it doesn’t happen often but it’s usually when going uphill, from a stop or traffic. Maybe I’m just not quite use to the pedals or gas acceleration. I’ve read this is a common issue, is there any fix? Or just something to get used to? Any help or feedback is appreciated!
It's how a dual clutch works. It's manual transmission with a torque converter (hydraulic coupling) with a lockup clutch that is electronically shifted.
Drive any other dual clutch car in traffic and you will appreciate the ILX's transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts