Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealership applied something they sell for me, personally I think it's all a croc but.... Can't wait to see it with some tint and on some coilovers!

·
Registered
378 Posts
My dealership applied something they sell for me, personally I think it's all a croc but.... Can't wait to see it with some tint and on some coilovers!
Yea i wouldn't go with what the dealer suggests for detailing. Usually their detailing stuff isn't that great. better off finding someone that does detailing for a living and they will offer you something legit!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've had 3 black cars and know of that love/hate relationship :cool:
YUp! You need to be on another level of OCD just to keep black cars looking great all the time. I hate spending 30-45 minutes at a time at the local coin wash making it look super fresh with not a spot of water left, only to take it for a spin and find specs of dirt that stick out like a sore thumb!!!! On any other color car, they wouldn't be as noticeable. Damn you black!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone!
I just picked up my 2013 Acura ILX Dynamic yesterday and wanted to share some pics. I traded in my 2011 BMW 128i 6mt for this as it still has great performance, is refined, is good on gas and much cheaper overall than the BMW. DSCF3320.jpg DSCF3321.jpg DSCF3323.jpg DSCF3329.jpg DSCF3330.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
Coming from a BMW, how do you like how the ILX drives? Usually BMW's are driver cars and the usual assumption is that BMW's drive better than Acura's.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
This is my first time with a black car so what is your advice on keeping it looking sexy all the time.
Lots of detail spray and plenty of clean microfiber towels...............my wife threatened to buy me a dedicated wash machine :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coming from a BMW, how do you like how the ILX drives? Usually BMW's are driver cars and the usual assumption is that BMW's drive better than Acura's.
Well, though the drive is not really that comparable, the ILX is still a great car overall. The steering is too light for my taste (but the BMW was quite heavy), but that shifter is to DIE FOR! The engine actually seems more torquey down low than the I6 in the BMW, it feels lighter (because it is), and has a better interior - materials and features. Having said that, it doesn't feel nearly as hunkered down at speed, not as solid feeling (but still very upscale) and doesn't have as good of as a sound system as the standard unit in the base 128i. And what is it with the Germans and their paint??? The Japanese manufacturers just can't match the depth and "thickness". But let's face it: In Canada, the ILX 2.4 premium is still at LEAST $5000 cheaper than the TSX premuim with the same engine and more features. Same goes for the 128i which is a smaller 2-door with less features. I think the ILX is a pretty decent value when looked upon from that angle. IMO you can't do better for the same money - if you're a "premium" car snob like me :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
...I will say, though, that I had the chance to drive a 2012 Acura TL SHAWD Elite package and OMG, OMG, OMG! If I had the money I wouldn't hesitate to plunk it down. That sweet engine and transmission (and I'm a manual guy - that auto was amazing). Quick, menacing sounding engine, excellent handling and ride quality, beautiful interior and cool/different exterior styling is a package I would happily live with - forget any BMW, Audi or Mercedes!
I have to say, "Way to go Acura!" Please don't dilute this formula - I'm 30 and this car is on the top of my wish list!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, though the drive is not really that comparable, the ILX is still a great car overall. The steering is too light for my taste (but the BMW was quite heavy), but that shifter is to DIE FOR! The engine actually seems more torquey down low than the I6 in the BMW, it feels lighter (because it is), and has a better interior - materials and features. Having said that, it doesn't feel nearly as hunkered down at speed, not as solid feeling (but still very upscale) and doesn't have as good of as a sound system as the standard unit in the base 128i. And what is it with the Germans and their paint??? The Japanese manufacturers just can't match the depth and "thickness". But let's face it: In Canada, the ILX 2.4 premium is still at LEAST $5000 cheaper than the TSX premuim with the same engine and more features. Same goes for the 128i which is a smaller 2-door with less features. I think the ILX is a pretty decent value when looked upon from that angle. IMO you can't do better for the same money - if you're a "premium" car snob like me :)
I always found BMW's steering to be a bit heavier but for some reason it made the car feel superior. That torquiness seems to be experienced even in other Honda's and Acura's. I had the chance to drive a 2012 R18 Civic coupe and it had better acceleration than I expect with nice amount of torque.

About interior, im surprised the ILX has a better interior. I haven't been disappointed with any BMW interior i've been in so far, most look and feel amazing. Acura being better says a lot!!

German paint will always be superior, here again I haven't been disappointed, even when it comes to cars as old as the E36 or E34.

Good to hear your views on the ILX vs BMW 1 Series!

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Never really been impressed by the interior nor the paint of a BMW... never saw those as selling points for German cars.. the way it drives and feels though is always good for the driver experience.. RWD is far superior to FWD.. I will say if I could adjust that feedback in the steering of the Acura I would. It's suspension is so unpredictable as far as loading and unloading mid-turn/curve and the steering provides next to no feedback. Hopefully new tires and coil-overs will help tho

1 - 20 of 31 Posts