Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of debadging my ILX, that "ACURA" and "ILX" emblems that is. plasti dip the center "A"very well may dip the window trim as well.. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
635 Posts

It'll look great.. imo minus the plastidipped trim. I like the polished trim but then again, I seem to be one of the few users looking at the ILX like a luxury car.

What are you going to do if there are two prong holes left behind the A?

As you can see my idea for the ilx is debadging the rear and leaving the front A but matching the grill to the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It'll look great.. imo minus the plastidipped trim. I like the polished trim but then again, I seem to be one of the few users looking at the ILX like a luxury car.

As you can see my idea for the ilx is debadging the rear and leaving the front A but matching the grill to the car.
well im pretty sure the "A" does have prongs.. i attempted to dip it... somehow i failed lol then thought id dip it red.... looked better but while removing the excess peeled off to much.. so im leaving it alone lol. ill post a photo of the debadge in a bit

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wait im confused. You tried the rear A or front A?

Cause it sounds like you said you tried it but your not sure I f it has prongs?

Let me ask again. Did you remove the rear A badge? If so does the rear a badge have prongs and holes in the trunk behind it?

OSimmons looking great. Did you try removing the A badge by any chance?

·
Registered
455 Posts

I'm all for the trunk lid being debadged. Thankfully unlike a lot trunk lids, it doesn't look as if it needed a badge, plus it doesn't have a spot on it designated for a badge as well.

If it was up to me, I would debadge the rear and plasti dip the Acura badge on the beak

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait im confused. You tried the rear A or front A?

Cause it sounds like you said you tried it but your not sure I f it has prongs?

Let me ask again. Did you remove the rear A badge? If so does the rear a badge have prongs and holes in the trunk behind it?

OSimmons looking great. Did you try removing the A badge by any chance?
in my 03 RSX-S i did and it had prongs.. im not 100% sure the ilx does but im pretty sure it fallows suit. and thanks :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm all for the trunk lid being debadged. Thankfully unlike a lot trunk lids, it doesn't look as if it needed a badge, plus it doesn't have a spot on it designated for a badge as well.

If it was up to me, I would debadge the rear and plasti dip the Acura badge on the beak
Wait. It doesnt have a designated spot?! How do you know this? I really hope youre right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts