Acura ILX Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
The 9's were out there but not quite exactly where I want it to be. I'm not going to be running spacers since I really fear of using them but with the right tire size, it'll look perfect. Especially once I buy the oem aero kit.

Luckily ill get my coilovers for free haha.
After about a month or so of daily driven and somewhat spirited driving on the tanabe coilovers, ill write my review on them.
Wait, I'm confused.
Or maybe you are. LOL
The RPF1s you had were 9in wide and already poked, correct?
Poke is when the rim of the wheel sticks out past the fender.
You said you want to be more flush, but then said the rim wasn't out there enough.
If you want to be flush you need less width or a higher offset. Since you were rocking +45 you can't really go much higher.
That being said, if you go 9.5 you will be in the same exact boat except stick out almost half an inch MORE. If you go any lower offset you will be going even further out.

But here is where I may be confused. You did say the rim wasn't out there enough at one point so maybe you do want them to poke. In that case then 9.5 would definitely do it. 9.5 with a lower offset and they'll poke like crazy.
Not my cup of tea but to each their own.

I assume you mean you wanted to be more flush, meaning you need to lose some width. 8.5 may not be flush but with a lower than 40 offset or some spacers you'll get there. 9.5 you will NOT get flush unless you plan on running some of dat oni camber son.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You confused me. I want the wheels to be hanging out, so I can tuck the tires not ridiculous camber like the pic you posted lol! I want to be low and slow but also functional braaaah! Haha

·
Registered
635 Posts
You were in the area of the first two pictures with your 18x9. If you go 18x9.5 you will poke even more. (This all with +45 offset)
If you go 18x8 or 8.5 probably wont be stock like I said if the wheel is +45 offset. But if you go 18x8.5 +20 offset instead of +45 offset the rim of the wheel will be closer to the fender but still within the fender wall.

It sounds to be like you want to be flush. In that case you dont want to go wider. You want to go smaller because the 9in already poke too much. If you go 8.5 you will be more flush.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Makes more sense.. Nice drawings lmfao! Had me dying.
But yeah, I'll check the differences and see which one catches my eye.
I got a buddy that works at a local rim shop and we'll end up playing with a few choices.
Currently debating if I should go with te37's, ccw's or some xxr's.

I want a flush look, but I want the tires to tuck and have the rims aligned with the fender. On top of that, I wanna go as low as the coils will let me.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
You'll need an offset closer to 25-30 with that big of a rim without the strut getting rubbed or hit.
My guess.. You'll need front camber bolts and rear camber arms (definitely the arms)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The tanabe's come with camber plates, I didn't know they made camber arms for our cars!?

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
The tanabe's come with camber plates, I didn't know they made camber arms for our cars!?
That's perfect that they come with the camber plates. The rear camber arm options are plentiful, the ones I know of: Buddy Club, Skunk2, Megan, Eibach.. and there are more that I can't remember. The Buddy Club are a nice blend of build quality and price.. they're likely what I am going to buy.

As far as the stance scene goes.. I like a nice drop with a little bit of fender room. I like to stretch my car's legs every once in a while and I need the tires to have room ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well according to the pics on there website they do.

I like driving low and sloww:)
But every once in a while I punch it.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Im pretty sure no one here would be considered part of the stance scene.
Well see where I go once I start spending money.
Ill clarify for you, I have no intention of, at any time in the future, having a set up like the stance guys.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
According to the stickers that came with my f&f type2 coilovers for my gsr, stance is everything lmfao

·
Registered
635 Posts
Stance is everything to some people.
Stance is nothing to others.
The stance scene will come and go. It started from the vip guys and that will be here forever. Those dudes are serious and most of them take more time and put more thought into their builds than any tuners I know. Ask yourselt what street and track tuners are doing for the car scene lately then check out how the vip/stance scene has brought new air into the american tuning world.

Each their own but you dont need to mock other peoples interests.
If you ask me this car is more at home in the vip scene than being tuned like a sports car but hey, to each their own.

·
Registered
635 Posts
P.s. trentimus my post about not being stanced was to the entire ilx world I see claiming they will be low tucked and scrapping. I have a sinking feeling these cars wont do too great low and slow.
But when I say low I mean scrapping the crown in the road.
You are clearly going for a more race inspired build so I couldnt imagine a too aggressive set up hitting your car and I enjoy your build so much more for that... it wont be like mine.

·
Registered
635 Posts
lol Whoring that pic out I see. Some advice. There aren't very many active threads so if you post in one place most all active users will see it. Take pictures of a couple angles so you can post different shots in different threads. Just some frequent foruming advice.

And those WHEELS, not rims, are just the stock 17alloys. The base has 16s I believe that I also believe are on the hybrid. But The premium as these wheels too so if anything they are premium wheels.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts