Acura ILX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
What possible fitment would make the ILX look flush without lowering. Like 245/40/18 or 19(9.0 rear) and 235/40/18 or 19 (8.5) will that be perfect or too much.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
The offset is gonna make a huge determination of how flush it is. You're probably looking at 235/35/19 or 235/40/18 for biggest tire/size that wont rub with a drop. I am gonna go 8.5" rim just cause tires will be cheaper and it will be less work to get a good fitment.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Tire Rack shows a 19X8.5 works with a P245/30-19 ; but you want to do a stagger-fit on a FWD car ?

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I'm kinda of leaning this way...Reminds me of the Integra Type-R wheel ...2013 Acura ILX 2.4L Although they are a bit heavy

Reactions: Trentimus

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I'm kinda of leaning this way...Reminds me of the Integra Type-R wheel ...2013 Acura ILX 2.4L Although they are a bit heavy
Those look good Popeye! I like the brand for value ;)

Yea, I wanted to have a more agggressiive stance to the car.
You will be able to achieve a more aggressive stance firstly by lowering the car about an inch or more.. 17" wheels actually fit this car really well, 18" would be optimal in my opinion but if you're going for show.. 19".. I'd lower the car though, I think it will get you the desired results. (if you like the stock wheels you can even add spacers to get more flush)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
They had to be using wheel spacers too which I hate unless they coaxed someone to make some one-off wheels

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Sorry for the late replies guys, haven't had much time to log onto the pc much lately.

lmao . That was pretty fast thou . On to the Next ONE!
I found another set of rims I like since they make them in 18's now.

What?! already.. didnt you just get these rims? So whats next in line then?

Damn son you move quick....

17's are too small! On to the next one!

ya whats next?
Ill have a pic next month or so.

And as for other mods, I'm dropping my car off at injen on the 13th for intake development, tanabe on June 3rd for coilovers, windows will be tinted, trying on the egay Ez-lip, fender roll, and new wheels...again.

So the good news for you guys is, there will be another set of coilovers and intake available for you everyone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Really? I though it would have been at least 9" wide rim but i guess i was wrong. Which tire were they using anyways?
Oh and if you want more of a flush, I'm going 9.5 wide. My enkei's were 9wide and they poked out a little. Next set of rims I get will be 18x9.5 with 235/45 or 235/40 series tires.

Reactions: Ahmed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The 9's were out there but not quite exactly where I want it to be. I'm not going to be running spacers since I really fear of using them but with the right tire size, it'll look perfect. Especially once I buy the oem aero kit.

Luckily ill get my coilovers for free haha.
After about a month or so of daily driven and somewhat spirited driving on the tanabe coilovers, ill write my review on them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
No worries, you'll probably see the pics first since your following me on Instagram haha

21 - 40 of 58 Posts