Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and looking for some sound advice on a vehicle I am looking to purchase. You probably get this question a lot and may be annoyed by answering it, but please hear me out. I am currently looking at a 2013 Acura ILX Dynamic equipped with the 2.4 engine and 6-speed manual transmission. It currently has around 124,000 miles on it and is a one-owner vehicle with no accidents. The seller claims to have service records backing all the maintenance work done. Apart from this, is there anything else I should look out for when inspecting the vehicle? Is any preventative maintenance due at this mileage interval?

All your help is greatly appreciated, Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Mk,

I'm new too. I also just bought a 2013 manual ILX today. My car has about 79k miles on it, and I've got service records for most of the car's history. A few small things I've noticed in the last 8 hours that I didn't notice when test-driving it.
1. Wheels squeak a little bit every once in a while. I had to turn off the music and roll down the windows to hear it.
2. I thought the clutch was making a weird noise, but it was just the tires chirping because I still need to get used to the gears.
3. Check that the heater works! I once bought a car in winter on to find out in the summer that it had no AC.

Here's a link to the Acura Maintenance Schedule so you can look up future costs. I'm sure others are better qualified to talk about this stuff.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Satori,

First and foremost, congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! Secondly, I appreciate you contributing to this thread with some useful insight on what to look out for during a test drive, and with a link to the ILX's maintenance schedule. To give an update as to what happened in regards to the vehicle I was looking to purchase, I, unfortunately, didn't end up going through with the sale for several reasons. Firstly, the vehicle was a two-owner car, not one-owner like the seller (Private dealer) had previously stated. Secondly, the so-called "service records" mentioned in the description were simply records recorded by Carfax, and they only showed service performed up until 65,000 miles. I did ultimately end up calling the dealership where the vehicle was originally purchased to see if they could provide me with a clearer picture regarding service history. And while they did mention that this was one of the better vehicles they had seen, they were still quite reluctant to provide all if any information, which I totally understand as they abide by strict privacy regulations. Ultimately though, both the combination of having higher than usual mileage along with a rather unknown service history is what made me walk away from the vehicle. Anyway, I apologize for making this response quite lengthy and sort-of irrelevant from what you mentioned above. But again, congratulations on the purchase of your new-to-you ILX! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come! Also, post some pictures of it whenever you get the chance. 🙃

1 - 3 of 3 Posts