Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to this forum but enjoy the info. I’m wanting to add an amp and subwoofer to my wife’s 2017 ILX. There is literally no info that I can find on speaker wire colors behind the radio. Hers has the base audio with just front and rear door speakers. Have any of y’all done this? If so do you know where I can grab speaker level out puts to feed an amp? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just in case anyone else wants to do this mod(it sounds much better) here is what I did. I used the wire codes from a 2008 and up Honda for my base model ILX radio plug. Not all of the colors were the same but the pin locations were. Cut the 4 speaker outputs and used the speaker power from the radio as inputs on the 5 channel Precision Power amp under the drivers seat. Then ran the outputs from the amp back up behind the radio to the stock door speakers. Amp is rated 60 watts x 4 and 200watts x 1 and has built in crossovers. Blocked the bass to the stocks and added an 8” JBL sub to the back deck. Great upgrade and only spent about $260. May upgrade the door speakers at a later date.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts