Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that Acura will be getting a $1 Billion investment from Honda. Apparently this is in effort to place Acura at the top of the luxury car game.

I know Acura is working to get the new Acura NSX into production along with the new MDX, but what does this mean for the Acura ILX? Is Acura going to give up the typical upgrades every year or are we going to get significant upgrades? things like a bigger engine in the base model, a performance model ILX, etc

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I went to the dealership today Acura Columbus | Acura Dealer | Columbus, Ohio for our 10K oil change and saw the new RLX. Wow what a big car !!

I'm lovin the headlights but that thing stickered @ 61K and it wasn't the SH-AWD Hybrid model

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's a lot of money, here's hoping Acura uses the money wisely. I wouldn't mind if they start investing in more RWD cars.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
RWD hardtop coupe to compete with the FR-S, Miata
SH-AWD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to dreamin lol!

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts

1 billion is alot to make changes.

RWD bias AWD cars in the future?

Hybrid everything?
AWD everything?

New RWD sports coupe?

More powerful engines?!

Oh gosh.. I think I've soiled myself.
Lets hope this really happens but seeing what Acura has been doing ever since it started I have my doubts. We'll probably get that mini-NSX FR-S competitor but i believe their trying to be the best in the type of luxury car market they're involved in rather than messing with the big boys at BMW and Benz.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I wouldn't completely agree with spending the money on RWD.

Acura and Honda make awesome FWD cars and they should stick to their heritage. But I think they should offer more options on more vehicles for AWD. Like a AWD ILX. That would be awesome. The SH AWD is a nice system. They should also invest in more powerful engines while keeping the high revving character of Acura/Honda vehicles.

I do agree that a RWD car based on the S2000 from Acura to compete with the BRZ and FR-S would be EPIC x 9000

·
Registered
124 Posts
I do agree that a RWD car based on the S2000 from Acura to compete with the BRZ and FR-S would be EPIC x 9000
That's the dream. An affordable RWD Acura/Honda would kill.

I would buy an NSX, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wouldn't completely agree with spending the money on RWD.

Acura and Honda make awesome FWD cars and they should stick to their heritage. But I think they should offer more options on more vehicles for AWD. Like a AWD ILX. That would be awesome. The SH AWD is a nice system. They should also invest in more powerful engines while keeping the high revving character of Acura/Honda vehicles.

Oh for sure. I they shouldn't spend all their money on manufacturing more RWD but a piece would be nice. They should also invest improving their current models.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts