Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
The K24 itself and the transmission we have are proven to be reliable.. these variants are new for the Civic Si in 2012 though.. hasn't been out long but I'd assume it's top notch like all Honda motors.

The R20 I believe is new for the ILX only.. but It's based on the R18... again tried and true.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The K24 itself and the transmission we have are proven to be reliable.. these variants are new for the Civic Si in 2012 though.. hasn't been out long but I'd assume it's top notch like all Honda motors.

The R20 I believe is new for the ILX only.. but It's based on the R18... again tried and true.
Honda typically has had a good history with introducing new engines. I actually believe Honda keeps carrying on it's technology from previous 4cyl/6cyl engines to the new one's, improving them for the times they're getting released in. So with a company that has been doing this for so long, getting a good rep every step of the way, it's safe to assume their new engines are top notch even with little history on them.

Every once in a while tho, there are some bad batches of engines.

·
Registered
600 Posts

Yep. Trentimus got it down.

K24 has been around for a while and it's been dam reliable. The R18 is also dam reliable and I wouldn't expect any less of the R20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.