Acura ILX Forums banner

141 - 150 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Try some larger forums than car specific. You may find in the 8th and 9th gen forums some pretty snobby cats with low end wheels asking baller prices.

Check out NWP4life. It is an all around honda forum and most honda heads flock there. You'll find a wider selection of REAL wheels. Not to hate on civic ad RSX owners but the majority (they did make thousands upon thousands of them)... ehem, the majority are looking at cheaper wheels for 800 with rubber.

Also check out Wheelwhore.com or wheelflip.com
Also if you want some larger 18s ir 19s check out some Nissan sites like Zilvia where they are HUGE into the stance and wheelwhoring scene.
Craigslist youll mainly find cheaper wheels like rotas and other knock offs. But this is what I see most ilx owners going to so to each their own.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ClubRSX has a lot of real wheels and high end, most over there are running 9inch wide (and many are in the hellaflush offsets) thats is a little wider then I want to run but you can find plenty of sets of high end wheels there (Works, Desmonds, CCW, etc).

NWP has a lot of sick wheels but most there are still running Civics and Integras (4X100 and lots are running 15 or 16 inch) there are not a whole lot of 17 or bigger 5X114 to be had over there. Otherwise I agree most model specific forums dont offer much, WRX boards are good but limited too since only the STI runs our bolt pattern others are 5x100

ICB motorsport has good wheels but again cater to the 4x100 crowd a little heavier and the price is a little high

·
Registered
635 Posts
ICB has plenty 5x114. I hated how many that had when I wanted 4x100
Your probably right about nwp. They have a few 4x100 but a good amount is stuff I couldn't buy when I was 4x100. Grass is always greener right? haha

And Yeah I suppose the RSX scene has been running that way recently so they probably have some good finds. I just tend to lump newer honda/acura owners with the cheap crowd because that is all Im seeing off Acurazine.

I'm used to faking the funk rants, real function vs form, and bandwagon arguments. Seeing people starting a thread about TSWs and calling their wheels by the design they replicate has me face palming more often than not. Glad to see someone else has seen what else is out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, i just got the ILX about a month ago and i was looking into getting new wheels myself. The cars not lowered yet and i do not plan on lowering it for a little while. I do however want to get new wheels and do not want to crazy of an aggressive offset. I was wondering what offset would be best to use if i get an 18x8 wheel. The tire size i am probably going to get would be 225/40/18. Thanks for any help in advance.

141 - 150 of 149 Posts