Acura ILX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... After driving my ILX for a couple weeks, the shifter seems notchy sometimes. How smooth is yours? I'm wondering if I should take it to the dealership or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There has been a couple times where it didn't want to go all the way into 1st, but moving to 3rd then back to first resolved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problems seem to have gotten slightly more frequent (both the somewhat rough shifter and the 1st gear issue). I have an appointment to take it to the dealership tomorrow.

The actual shifting seems great, but the feel of the shifter does not.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
At 1200 miles the shifter is smooth as glass;I'll change the trans fluid @ 10K as I have on all my previous Hondas to Redline MTL

·
Registered
67 Posts
my transmission got replaced at 124miles the day after i bought the car... and its still notchy. im thinking about throwing the redline mtf in and some marvel mystery oil .

·
Registered
455 Posts
my transmission got replaced at 124miles the day after i bought the car... and its still notchy. im thinking about throwing the redline mtf in and some marvel mystery oil .
That might help but even then, 124 miles after and it's still notchy...i'd speak to the dealer about it. It doesn't seem like enough mileage for the oil to break down.

Or maybe there wasn't enough oil in it

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but first would always be difficult to get into if you're rolling all of my manual cars have been like that.. the syncros try to make sure you're not gonna blow stuff up by giving your resistance.. my transmission is super smooth..

·
Registered
67 Posts
This tranny is definitely smoother to shift than my 07 Si's was when I sold it. It can do with a shorter throw however, which I had gotten used to in my Civic after I installed a short shift kit and a lower weighted shift knob. But this is such a smooth shifting tranny even a novice will become an expert in no time.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
We're over 27k on the odo and still no issues of any kind

1 - 20 of 21 Posts