Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group, and I want to learn more about aftermarket upgrades for the 2020 ILX.

Looking for info, and parts to include options for a turbo or supercharger.

There isn’t much out there that I can find. So, with that being said, I came to the place where all the great minds come together and have quality discussions about these types of things.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the group, and I want to learn more about aftermarket upgrades for the 2020 ILX.

Looking for info, and parts to include options for a turbo or supercharger.

There isn’t much out there that I can find. So, with that being said, I came to the place where all the great minds come together and have quality discussions about these types of things.

Thank you in advance.
for your Acura ILX, if you buy parts for your car that are not actually made by Acura, then those are termed "aftermarket". Many people use the term "ILX aftermarket parts" specifically when referring to custom parts for the ILX, like performance parts or custom appearance parts. But even if you just replace your ILX brake pads with OEM-grade factory-style brake pads that are not made by Acura, those too are aftermarket ILX parts. Over the course of a vehicle's life, it almost certainly will have aftermarket parts installed in it at some point, even if the vehicle is never actually "modded out".

·
Registered
2 Posts
for your Acura ILX, if you buy parts for your car that are not actually made by Acura, then those are termed "aftermarket". Many people use the term "ILX aftermarket parts" specifically when referring to custom parts for the ILX, like performance parts or custom appearance parts. But even if you just replace your ILX brake pads with OEM-grade factory-style brake pads that are not made by Acura, those too are aftermarket ILX parts. Over the course of a vehicle's life, it almost certainly will have aftermarket parts installed in it at some point, even if the vehicle is never actually "modded out".
The Acura ILX is not a good luxury smart car. That’s not to say it’s bad. It has a gentle ride and good fuel economy. Its engine, while no workhorse, does its job without much trouble. This Acura is also less expensive than other vehicles in the class. However, there are trade-offs for that affordability. The infotainment system is cumbersome, the cabin is drab, and the ILX lacks the agility of its rivals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts