Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ilx
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my 2017 ILX wont start. When I push the start button it just makes a whirring noise and doesn’t start. Interestingly the radio, lights work. I took to the dealer they said everything is fine and battery is fine. But again today I faced the same issue. I might get it towed but can someone tell what could be the issue? And what to keep in mind going fwd? I can’t have the dealer say again everything is fine!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi my 2017 ILX wont start. When I push the start button it just makes a whirring noise and doesn’t start. Interestingly the radio, lights work. I took to the dealer they said everything is fine and battery is fine. But again today I faced the same issue. I might get it towed but can someone tell what could be the issue? And what to keep in mind going fwd? I can’t have the dealer say again everything is fine!
Is the whirring noise the starter motor spinning but not engaging into the flywheel to turn engine over? If you can locate the starter motor feel it while someone pushes the button. Sometimes the part called the bendix sticks and doesn’t get thrown into position when the starter is engaged. Sometimes they just need a whack on the starter to free them up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts