Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Acura ILX Coupe: Rendered | Edmunds.com

Just the Facts:
A coupe version of the ILX sedan was part of the original product plan for the new nameplate.
Slow sales of the ILX sedan make the coupe a less likely addition.
An Acura official refused to comment on any future product plans.

TORRANCE, California — Last year's launch of the 2013 Acura ILX sedan has consumers asking the next logical question — when will we see an ILX coupe?

The answer is, disappointingly, probably never.

Considering the ILX is based on the Honda Civic, which is available in sedan and coupe body styles, and given Acura's history with the Integra and RSX coupes, this will surprise many. Not to mention that prior to the launch of the ILX, Honda officials hinted to Edmunds that a coupe version of the ILX was in the works.

But plans change and as tempting as an ILX coupe might be to Acura enthusiasts, slow sales of the ILX sedan may have already sunk the coupe's chances for production. Sales have already fallen below projections and Honda has reduced output of the ILX to concentrate on Civic production, which occurs at the same assembly plant.

When asked to comment on the current possibility of an ILX coupe, Acura Public Relations Manager Chuck Schifsky responded, "We do not comment on future product or our product planning process for potential models."

The return of an entry-level Acura coupe has been anticipated ever since the RSX ceased production in 2006. And of course every hard-core sport compact enthusiast out there wants Acura to revive the Type R name, which has become a performance legend. The high-performance Acura Integra Type R was built in very small numbers from 1995-2000 (and sold in the U.S. from 1997-2001), and is still considered by many to be the best hot hatch ever created.

But first Acura needs to figure out the small premium sedan segment, which is about to become a war zone with the introductions of the all-new Mercedes-Benz CLA250 and the Audi A3.

Edmunds says: It's an unlikely addition given the sedan's current weakness, but an ILX coupe would still go a long way toward injecting some excitement into Acura's lineup.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The ILX coupe never got to live. No big surprise. The ILX hasn't been selling that well and Acura doesn't want to take a risk with a coupe version :(

·
Registered
378 Posts
The ILX coupe never got to live. No big surprise. The ILX hasn't been selling that well and Acura doesn't want to take a risk with a coupe version :(
The 2014 ILX is getting improvements but also a price hike too, but the price hike won't matter too much when your making those monthly payments. Acura is slowly pushing the ILX in the right direction but it should have been like this from the very start. more on it here: http://www.ilxforums.com/forum/3-ac...s-new-standard-features-priced-$26-900-a.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
They aren't. They already dropped the ZDX from the linup no?
You are correct.

Wiki:

Honda announced in a press release on October 10, 2012, that 2013 would mark "the final year on the market for ZDX as the Acura brand sharpens its focus on new models and core products."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personally the ILX will be DISC too if they don't get more power and features in the ILX. I hate to admit this but I was looking to get a Buick Verano over an ILX.

Just make the 2.4 standard WITH an automatic and leather seats standard, price it under $30,000 and you have a much competitive package

The ILX isn't bad but I can name you a handful of used CPO luxury cars I would pick over it or a new BMW 128i Coupe, Verano Premium, ATS (little more money), A4, the list goes on and on

If you are going to make a entry level luxury car for a entry luxury level car brand don't price it up their with BMW or Audi. Give us the premium features for an entry cost. How many heads do you think you would turn and how many cars do you think you could sell if an ILX came standard with a 2.4 auto, leather, and other features in the Premium trim at $26,000!?

At that Price you truly give the buyer on the fence between a maxed out Civic or Civic Si a reason to truly upgrade. But pricing the ILX $6000 more than a maxed out Civic ($24,000) is nuts! At $26,00 you get a younger demographic and you get those new graduates or just got a solid job type of person.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never did. Was never a fan of the ZDX.

Acura needs a coupe. There is no doubt about it. Just waiting on them to make one.

I personally think they should move away from the 4 cylinder coupe since they want to compete in a "luxury market"

They should take the TL V6 and put it in a coupe body.

·
Registered
455 Posts
that rendering is ugly as ever.

at this stage Acura is at, the last thing they need is a useless coupe like this, however they can use a roadster if they want to give Acura/Honda a much better image, an image they once had

1 - 13 of 13 Posts