Acura ILX Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
When kia's and Sentra's come with most or more options and features . Acura will need to beef up the goodies list to compete better. As for the merc, yes owners will have more costs involved. It's odd to compare the two.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im interested to see how the motor holds up compared to a kia or something of the sort. I got the Auto so I have nav, and its pretty cool. I just really wish I had driver seat recognition and electric passenger seat. That I think would help it out.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Im interested to see how the motor holds up compared to a kia or something of the sort. I got the Auto so I have nav, and its pretty cool. I just really wish I had driver seat recognition and electric passenger seat. That I think would help it out.
Memory seats are huge luxury.. once you have them you absolutely miss them when they're gone.. that and a glasses holder are the two features I miss most.

Me personally the CLA will likely dominate the ILX with the car critics.. but they also don't car nor consider the cost to own when they review the cars... The ILX shares the key component of Honda that makes it so appealing.. the car will absolutely LAST.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd be very worried if I were Acura. Mercedes hit the ball out of the park with CLA IMO. Automakers are going to have hard time competing with the CLA's price point and quality.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Only advantage with going with the ILX is you don't have to worry about maintenance, it's a honda at heart, but the CLA being a Benz will be pricey as with any Benz.

Also you have to look at it like this.... $33k gets you an AWD CLA basemodel, but the same money can almost get you a top of the line ILX. Really depends what you want and what your income is like.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No doubt the cost of parts on the Mercedes will be a lot compared to the ILX. I wonder what Acura's game plan is since German manufacturers are starting to move in on the affordable luxury market.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ILX will save you a few thousand over the total cost of ownership (TOC) over 5 years.

It actually has best in class, which is one reason why I got it. The CLA will have a pretty high TOC because its a Mercedes.

Kelley Blue Book - click on "Entry Level Luxury Car"

·
Registered
43 Posts
I actually prefer the look of the CLA but the ILX is more of a keeper car. Not to mention the CLA price will inflated, You'll be lucky to find one under 35k. Like I said though ILX is a keeper car, i'd rather have an Acura for 5 years /100k miles then a Mercedes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm pretty sure we will still be seeing this year's model ILX 10-15 years from now on the road. I don't think you can say the say the same thing about the CLA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a owner of a Mercedes and soon to be Acura ILX :) getting it delivered over the weekend, I know that the Acura will outlast my Mercedes. Difference in the price at ILX being cheaper than Mercedes CLA by $5000 or more and then the maintenance cost if a big factor. I easily spend over $1500 a year just in maintenance for the Mercedes and I would not be surprised with CLA being in the same range. My first car was a new Honda Accord and i must have not spent over $1000 for 4 years of owning the car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
As a owner of a Mercedes and soon to be Acura ILX :) getting it delivered over the weekend, I know that the Acura will outlast my Mercedes. Difference in the price at ILX being cheaper than Mercedes CLA by $5000 or more and then the maintenance cost if a big factor. I easily spend over $1500 a year just in maintenance for the Mercedes and I would not be surprised with CLA being in the same range. My first car was a new Honda Accord and i must have not spent over $1000 for 4 years of owning the car.
Absolutely right there. I would consider the ILX as a car to own for decades and will cost far less to maintain than your Mercedes. And repairs will also be much cheaper. Mercedes is nice for the first few years but isn't it worth it later on. What kind of Mercedes did you own?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree it's a keeper car. That's why we bought one with all the options. It has proven to be a great car, but dual pwr seats and memory would be nice plus auto dim outer mirrors for LA traffic too. I know it's a baby Acura but still Honda should really go out on options list. They would sell more.

My other car is a $70k 535xi touring with AWD, tech, luxury, and safety packages. It's a keeper car to. People will buy the ILX if build what the customers want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a 2009 ML320 Bluetec and 2011 Audi A6.. I used the ML mostly for highway driving as I drive a lot for work. They both are great cars no doubt in that .. but the newer Japanese have almost the same tech as the German cars .. once I saw the Acura .. i was surprised to see so many similar tech's for half the price of the German cars. Again with Honda being in the heart of the engine .. i knew the maintenance $$$$ would not be much. I brought the ILX premium version for my wife.

I was not too keen on paying extra $3000 just for navigation and since NaV was the only difference between Premium and TEch package

My ML320 Command system/Navigation stop responding and costed me $4500 just to replace it. Hence I would never buy a car with NAV anymore. Its Easier to navigate through a GPS or Phone and its not like an average user would use the NaV on a daily bases.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts