How low have you gotten your range?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How low have you gotten your range?

How low have you gotten your range?

I keep playing around with my range on my 2.0 seeing how low I can get it. It seems to get down to 20 Miles and then stop, never seen it hit teens. Though each time I have filled up with it at 20 miles range it only takes about 10.1-10.3 gallons which tells me there should be around 2 gallons left and another 40-50 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

haven't tried on this car yet, but others would switch to "low" instead of a number.

Yeah, it dings low fuel at 30ish but you can switch back and it will go to the range.

My old CTS the low fuel would come on the range at 40 miles and stay. Thought when that range went on you had to stop and get gas because it would be very low. Usually it was wrong and at "40 Miles" it would have less then a gallon in the tank and that thing got 17mpg.

The ILX I've had the low fuel light come on at 30 mile range and I just dropped to 65 and put cruise control on and flipped off everything and I drove it another 19 miles and the range dropped to around 20 but still only filled up around 10 gallons. Something to pass the time on my long drives home from work lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I know on some cars even when the range hits 0 you can still keep going. Don't know if this works on ILX.

Mine has his 8, with like 1.2 gallons remaining

8? I'm jealous lol I'm bring this bitch to 1 and going to take a picture lol

haha. do it. Waiting for someone to drive around with 0

Alright, I took the plunge. Mine got to 0 (on accident but was really worried) only filled up at 11 gallons this time. There must be another warning later, although there wasn't once it reached 0.

I drive until it hits 0 all the time. I usually go 20-30 miles after that and it still only fills 12 gallons.

If I were you guys I'd try to avoid driving till your fuel reaches that low, it's just to pro-long the life of your fuel pump. Price of parts and labour for such a job would get pretty high although if it happens within your warranty period, your warranty covers it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.