ILX Splash Guards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ILX Splash Guards

ILX Splash Guards

I just ordered some splash guards for my ILX. Anyone have any feedback on them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

They block the splatter? haha not sure what type of review of them you would like.
    How much did you pay for them?

They came with my ILX dynamic, however I had to take them off because you can not use them if you have the OEM lip kit.

@ OP, I find splash guards to be ugly, they're great in the winter months when there's slush, but aside from that I would take them off for late spring, summer and early fall months since they make the car look ugly. And like mentioned below, if you want to install a lip kit, you'll have to decide between lip kit or mud guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
    They block the splatter? haha not sure what type of review of them you would like.
    How much did you pay for them?

They came with my ILX dynamic, however I had to take them off because you can not use them if you have the OEM lip kit.
    LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I remove my splash guards on all my cars.

They do the job.. But I don't like how they look.

Installing them in the winter is not a bad idea. In the summer I'd remove them. They just bolt on and off. They do the job if that is what you are wondering.

Damn. Love how different all of our opinions can range.

When I got my first car, the acura integra, i took the splash guards off ASAP cause I was a bit... ricey.
    A few years later after I saw what other Honda Heads were doing I cleaned them up and put them back on. Splashguards in the civic/integra world sell like hot cakes. They are a great accessory that adds to the right car the right way.

With that said, I told the dealer right away I need splash guards. I looked at the lip kit and decided against it. I love my splash guards and I think you will too!

Further more. Unlike my integra, that didnt really kick up any water. my ilx does like I beast and I hate it. Splash guards definitely made a difference with that.

Those splash guards are pretty low profile. Do they even block that much? To be honest they dont look that bad to have on but I would go for a skirt package where these wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    Damn. Love how different all of our opinions can range.

When I got my first car, the acura integra, i took the splash guards off ASAP cause I was a bit... ricey.
    A few years later after I saw what other Honda Heads were doing I cleaned them up and put them back on. Splashguards in the civic/integra world sell like hot cakes. They are a great accessory that adds to the right car the right way.

With that said, I told the dealer right away I need splash guards. I looked at the lip kit and decided against it. I love my splash guards and I think you will too!

Further more. Unlike my integra, that didnt really kick up any water. my ilx does like I beast and I hate it. Splash guards definitely made a difference with that.

I think they look great on your car ilxluv. Look forward to putting them on mine.

rsz_picture.jpg

Here's how mine turned out. Surprisingly easy to install!
    Trentimus likes this.

Looks great. I feel it completes the look of the wheel well.

these ones are pretty low profile compare to old ones that Acura use to offer. i like them now and they do serve an important function. I'm sick of all the debris thrown on to the quarter panels and having to clean them after. If you look at cars that dont have splash guards the quarters and fenders are quite scratched up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.