Where's the ILX Coupe?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where's the ILX Coupe?

RPM

Where's the ILX Coupe?

I was wondering why there has been no news about the ILX coupe so I did a little research and found out that Acura dropped it from production. Why did they do this?

Looking at this rendering, it would have looked great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

It would be nice if Acura brings back a coupe, like an Acura RSX successor, but it doesn't seem like they will fill that gap anytime soon. Instead the closest thing we'll see is a "mini-NSX", possible S2000 successor? hmmm

I thought my sedan looked good until I saw that coupe. Thanks a lot RPM!! lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

The coupe isn't a strong seller for Acura so they dropped it. I don't think they have any intention of bringing it back.

More photos to ruminate on what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by TDRacer View Post
    The coupe isn't a strong seller for Acura so they dropped it. I don't think they have any intention of bringing it back.
    Yup, I remember back in Acura's coupe days, mainly the true Acura coupe, the CL. They didn't sell all that well when compared to the rest of their vehicles.

The Acura RSX did sell very well though, even today they have a very strong presence on the street of any major American city. But that's because it wasn't really a true luxury coupe, more so a sporty coupe, a coupe you bought if you want to step up from a Civic coupe.

If Acura brings back the RSX, they could have a winner, no CL though, it failed and will continue to LOL.

I am still waiting for Acura to come out with a coupe...

If they price it well it should sell. The RSX-S was a bit pricey.

I like the idea of a coupe but Acura seems to stubborn with releasing a coupe in their line up. Now if they ever did come out with the ILX coupe may I suggest them to make it a rear wheel drive too! What do you guys think about that idea?

RPM
    Quote Originally Posted by Saildog4534 View Post
    I thought my sedan looked good until I saw that coupe. Thanks a lot RPM!! lol
    LOL no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Oatos View Post
    I like the idea of a coupe but Acura seems to stubborn with releasing a coupe in their line up. Now if they ever did come out with the ILX coupe may I suggest them to make it a rear wheel drive too! What do you guys think about that idea?
    I've said before, if Honda came out with a 250 H.P. V6 RWD MT ILX, I'd trade mine in tommorow!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.