Should we expect any changes for 2014 ILX?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Should we expect any changes for 2014 ILX?

Should we expect any changes for 2014 ILX?

DO you expect any updates to the 2014 model? What would be fair to upgrade?

I have no idea how long the life cycle is for the ILX. When will it be freshed? The Civic got a refresh recently, wonder if the ILX will.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

My guess for the life span of the ILX would be around 4-5 years before they do refresh for the model. I do hope for updates on a more higher horsepower or at least replace the 2.0 with the 2.4L and put an automatic transmission in it. At the moment Acura is probably focusing on the TLX and prepping the RLX for it release.

I read that Acura is making some tweaks regarding some of the criticisms the ILX has been receiving. They recognize consumer complaints about the ILX being underpowered and wanting something sportier. But overall they have been pretty vague about this. By mentioning this, I feel that it could be a major refresh but who knows.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AndreMan85 View Post
    My guess for the life span of the ILX would be around 4-5 years before they do refresh for the model. I do hope for updates on a more higher horsepower or at least replace the 2.0 with the 2.4L and put an automatic transmission in it. At the moment Acura is probably focusing on the TLX and prepping the RLX for it release.
    Seeing how much better the ILX is compared to it's predecessors, I can see it running for a bit longer. Honda put a lot of work into the 9th gen civic and ILX so it could even be a 7-8 year production run.

I really hope they dont run the ILX 7-8 years before refresh I think 4-5 years is reasonable nowadays. I think shorter refreshment periods would help keep consumers interested and to give them a sense of improvement which Acura needs.

Quote Originally Posted by acura-dude77 View Post
    I really hope they dont run the ILX 7-8 years before refresh I think 4-5 years is reasonable nowadays. I think shorter refreshment periods would help keep consumers interested and to give them a sense of improvement which Acura needs.
    Luxury brands usually stay in the 3-5 year range.

They will probably upgrade the screen.. The new accord has a massive screen and is far more up to date

What you want is the tech package on a 2.4 manual.

I leave a costume screen saver on most of the time to show off the resolution on the huge tech package navi screen.

Trentimus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    What you want is the tech package on a 2.4 manual.

I leave a costume screen saver on most of the time to show off the resolution on the huge tech package navi screen.
    F u, man.. F u! Lol I would of bought tech if it was offered to the 2.4L models.. Honda's marketing team needs fired from the Acura division.

I gotta go with Trent on this one. No way I'd trade 50 H.P. for a slush box. My Garmin Nuvi 50
    works just fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.