Did the Acura ILX fail?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Did the Acura ILX fail?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    60

    Did the Acura ILX fail?

    I don't think it can be considered a bad car, but I do realize the ILX is not doing too well. And it doesn't look to be getting any better.

    It's underperforming in sales compared to the Verano on a monthly basis. Motortrend even prefers the Verano more. Critics don't really have that many great things to say about it. Acura enthusiasts treat it like the black sheep of the family.

    What do you guys think happened? Or am I reading too far into it?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member ilxluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    635
    I believe everyone, not only yourself, is reading way to far into it. Some are comparing it to bmws, mercedes, and lexu which is wrong. Others compare it to the Civic which is also wrong.
    Judge any fish by how well it flies and its destine to fail.

    As an ex integra owner wanting more luxury without much sacrificed power is exactly what I got.

    I love my ilx..



    Saildog4534 likes this.

  4. #3
    Senior Member cfrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    600
    The ILX can have improvements but it isn't a failure. Acura just didn't do a good enough job marketing the car. I think if they changed the features and packaging a little bit it would have been a more succesful model.

    If the mated the K24 to an automatic transmission the car would have been a much bigger success.

    The ILX still has its pros and cons over the Verano. No car is superior.

    __________________
    Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote




  5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Junior Member osimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    arlington, tx
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    The ILX can have improvements but it isn't a failure. Acura just didn't do a good enough job marketing the car. I think if they changed the features and packaging a little bit it would have been a more succesful model.

    If the mated the K24 to an automatic transmission the car would have been a much bigger success.

    The ILX still has its pros and cons over the Verano. No car is superior.
    agreed... piss poor marketing campaign... and k24 would have been great for the auto... R20 leave pleanty to be desired lol. not to bad tho i love the car

  7. #5
    Senior Member Saildog4534's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    123
    The ILX a failure? Maybe only from the perspective of the Honda sales executives. From a
    consumer POV, it's exactly the car I was looking for. Good looks, can be driven aggressively,
    reliable as a hammer, and dosn't beat you up on a long trip.
    garythecynic likes this.

  8. #6
    Super Moderator Popeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    If the mated the K24 to an automatic transmission the car would have been a much bigger success.
    .......... No car is superior.
    I agree 110%

  9. #7
    RPM
    RPM is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    I believe everyone, not only yourself, is reading way to far into it. Some are comparing it to bmws, mercedes, and lexu which is wrong. Others compare it to the Civic which is also wrong.
    Judge any fish by how well it flies and its destine to fail.

    As an ex integra owner wanting more luxury without much sacrificed power is exactly what I got.

    I love my ilx..
    I don't see how consumers/critics can not compare the ILX to such brands. It is the only way to give readers a sense of what the ILX offers. The same goes for all car brands and models.

    I agree that the ILX is given unfair treatment for trying to target a segment not usually targeted. It also sickens me how on other forums, how easily dismissed the ILX is. People seem to want to only focus on its shortcoming while completely ignoring its strengths.

  10. #8
    Member Aeroscout977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lima
    Posts
    40
    Price comparisons to other cars in its class will show a better picture.

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    337
    I think it's way too early to tell if a car can fail with only about a year plus lifespan. Acura still has time to answer the critics, and from what I'm reading, a new revision/tweaks is already on the way. A lot of the negative talk is exaggerated IMO and is more a headline to attract readers to their websites/publications.

    I think with some improvements and good word of mouth, ILX can easily be a great seller and at the very least overtake the Verano is sales.

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeroscout977 View Post
    Price comparisons to other cars in its class will show a better picture.
    Not only the MSRP but cost of ownership. The Mercedes CLA is priced around the same as the ILX but ownership for the CLA won't be anywhere near the ILX.

    Price/MSRP and ownership = better picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2