Average age of ILX owners

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Average age of ILX owners

Average age of ILX owners

The ILX has been referred to as a "gen y" car. I'm curious as to the average age of forum members.
    I'm probably one of the oldest, if not THE oldest at 63 (64 in July). How bout it guys, how old are ya?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I'm 33. Turning 34 in July.

Those Gens are confusing. Growing up through grade school to high school I was always referred to as GenX. I remember having a specific conversation with my mother about her saying he will be GenY and she considered that the "entitlement" generation. Now I find my mother is GenX (which she says is wrong so I see where I got my confusion from) and I am GenY. I cant agree. My brother is GenY and all his friends are such assholes. LOL

Anyways, I'm only 25 so Id say its definitely got appeal for a younger crowd due to its cost. But I know people both your ages thinking about trading in TLs for the ILX on gas prices alone.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I am turning 28. I feel like I'm probably about the average age for this car.

32 here! From what I could see I think the average age for the Acura ILx would be around 28-34. Although it was projected from Acura to be an appealing car to gen Y I think that age group is a little young for the vehicle. It's still a very affordable car compared to a TL which is pretty much the next step up and a big price jump. The ILX would be for the average driver that wants some luxury and decent fuel mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saildog4534 View Post
    The ILX has been referred to as a "gen y" car. I'm curious as to the average age of forum members.
    I'm probably one of the oldest, if not THE oldest at 63 (64 in July). How bout it guys, how old are ya?
    I'm sure when the ILX is referred to as a gen Y car, it's talking about the consumers that Acura is targeting. I don't think this represents the reality of the situation. I would think owners would typically be older than their 20s. The ILX is a newer car, and I think 20 somethings would most likely invest in cheaper/used cars. Gen Y kids with money to burn would buy cars with higher social branding like a BMW or a Mercedes. I doubt functional and pragmatic would be on the top of their priority list

I can see how the ILX would attract an older crowd along with the younger crowd. Unlike the CSX and EL, the ILX is almost for anyone. It's sophisticated enough for someone in their retirement age range to drive one or a kid that just got his license.

Good to see we have a 63 year old member on here with an ILX!

Saildog, do you have any pic's of your ILX?

You can see the average owner in here being around 30 but yes it does have that class so any body can be an owner. Built for a youngin, strong enough for a man.

I'm late 20s as well, I am one of the few guys my age who bought my car new with my priority being reliability. Most my friends, own used cars usually old Civics or WRXs. I don't regret my decision, since I don't have to make repairs or take my car to the mechanic every couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by AcuraPWR View Post
    I can see how the ILX would attract an older crowd along with the younger crowd. Unlike the CSX and EL, the ILX is almost for anyone. It's sophisticated enough for someone in their retirement age range to drive one or a kid that just got his license.

Good to see we have a 63 year old member on here with an ILX!

Saildog, do you have any pic's of your ILX?
    m
    When it warms up a little (it's been pretty cold up here in Indiana) I want to do a little work on
    my wheels and calipers. I'll upload some pix when I'm done, maybe a couple weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.