What Don't You Like About the ILX?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    RPM

What Don't You Like About the ILX?

It's only fair to ask.

Fans can also be their biggest critics. Who better to know the faults of the vehicle than an owner. Is there anything you don't like about the ILX? Something you want changed or improved?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

#1 there is space up in the roof for a sunglass holder.. why the F*** did Honda decide not to put one?! #2 Road noise #3 no side mirror turn signals #4 no lumbar support seats #5 no rear exit exhaust #6 no Homelink on Base & Premium model..

The rest I expect from a car in the price range so no real complaint.

-No side dimming mirrors
    -No lumbar support
    -No 60/40 folding seats
    -Bluetooth system is dated...voice command... WHAT voice command......worst...
    -Song scrolling is a pain... I wish you would be able to scroll by letter (non-tech package)
    -Wish the driver seat could go lower so I could get some more head room, i'm only 5'10 but like to sit fairly close and I'm pretty close to the top. Damn short stubby asian legs.

Again, for what this price range is though I'm happy with it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

^ Because he reminded me the iMID system is trash in the Base/Premium models. Tiny screen, outdated tech... POOP for scrolling through music.. it is even slow! Tech should of been available for 2.4

No LSD. No 2.4L in automatic.

One of the few things I don't like is the "frowning face" on the passenger side dash.
    I would have LIKED a tech package and LED tail lights. I agree, for what it cost, I love it!

Most of my list is already mentioned but I'll add: (Premium 2.0)
    -No memory seat
    -Passenger seat is manual
    -Side mirrors dont automatically adjust when in Reverse
    -No HomeLink (really?! for a 30k car)

the thing that bothered me most about the Acura ILX was the fact that they didnt have a 2.4L in automatic. I dont know how to drive standard but want the extra power. I just find it not fair. And another thing was there is no memory seats which bothers the heck out of me. My wife and I share the vehicle and you know women, she never adjusts it bac. She 5'4 I'm 6'2 so you can only imagine how annoying that is. Acura need to make improvements!

Quote Originally Posted by Oatos View Post
    the thing that bothered me most about the Acura ILX was the fact that they didnt have a 2.4L in automatic. I dont know how to drive standard but want the extra power. I just find it not fair. And another thing was there is no memory seats which bothers the heck out of me. My wife and I share the vehicle and you know women, she never adjusts it bac. She 5'4 I'm 6'2 so you can only imagine how annoying that is. Acura need to make improvements!
    Memory seats are nice but not something you should expect on a car like this. I would be very happy if it was included but definitely not something I would care about having on an ILX. Any higher Acura model would need it.

poor visibility out the back and, overall hard to see over/around the edges of the car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.