Turbo 2.0L 2015 Honda Civic Type R - fastest production FWD ever?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Turbo 2.0L 2015 Honda Civic Type R - fastest production FWD ever?

Turbo 2.0L 2015 Honda Civic Type R - fastest production FWD ever?

The new Honda Civic Type R will begin testing at the Nurburgring later this year

Although it is not scheduled to be launched until 2015, company officials say that the ambitious performance targets - which include setting the fastest ever front-wheel drive lap time around the Nurburgring - mean that public testing will begin early.

Honda has confirmed that the car will have between 265 and 300bhp, suggesting power for the new Civic Type R will come from a turbocharged 2.0-litre engine.

The manufacturer claims that knowledge gleaned from its participation in the World Touring Car Championship, using a turbocharged 1.6-litre engine, will directly influence its new Type R unit.

The new Honda Civic Type R will initially be sold in Europe only, with non-European sales likely to follow if the car is well received. No prices have yet been announced.
    Yes Honda, this is what we want to see. Perfect... perfectt.... PERRRFECTT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Hopefully the actual car looks better than the concept drawings.

That looks pretty sweet. Is it coming to North America?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

it won't. I am not a huge fan of how it looks but I like the 2.0L turbo idea.

now they need to put that 2.0L turbo in the ILX and beef up it's suspension and brakes for a performance model Acura ILX. If acura wants to move forward in the right direction to be the best in their segment, this will help them out a lot.

If they replaced the suspension and breaks wed be paying $35,000+ for the Premium. Fuck that.

Built not bought... again, built, not bought. Let honda tune the platform the ilx was based on and we can take a majority of their work and implement it into our ilx instead of our community being flooded. This will help separate the tuners from your average public and keep our scene... unmolested.

Last edited by ilxluv; 03-08-2013 at 02:13 AM.
    ILX-Fan and Trentimus like this.

I do think it's cool that if a Si Owner can go from pulling .88 on lateral Gs to .95 after a suspension build that means I will notice a bigger difference than the Si owners and my car will look better and be just as well performing..

I am with the Built Not Bought movement.. I want to go from a .82 G to a .94+
    ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ilxluv View Post
    If they replaced the suspension and breaks wed be paying $35,000+ for the Premium. Fuck that.

Built not bought... again, built, not bought. Let honda tune the platform the ilx was based on and we can take a majority of their work and implement it into our ilx instead of our community being flooded. This will help separate the tuners from your average public and keep our scene... unmolested.
    Built not bought is good but it's always nice having the refinement of a factory built performance spec car. If they actually do something like this they'll have to price it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentimus View Post
    I do think it's cool that if a Si Owner can go from pulling .88 on lateral Gs to .95 after a suspension build that means I will notice a bigger difference than the Si owners and my car will look better and be just as well performing..

I am with the Built Not Bought movement.. I want to go from a .82 G to a .94+
    ^_^
    Stiff suspension and r compound tires. You will hit 1G lol.

Trentimus likes this.

Some people like to build project cars until they are perfect then start over.
    Other people like to invest in nice cars until their lease is up then trade it in for the new model.

Everyone does their own thing. Thats the beauty of the world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.