2013 Acura ILX sets itself apart from Civic, serves well as entry-level Acura

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2013 Acura ILX sets itself apart from Civic, serves well as entry-level Acura

Based on the 2012 Honda Civic, the new Acura ILX builds upon the entry-level car and elevates itself to meet the Acura brand. Starting at $27,000, the ILX is nearly two inches winder and longer than the Civic, a difference that is very apparent from in the cabin, and is ready to cater to the entry-level luxury crowd the way the Integra coupe used to.

Read more: 2013 Acura ILX sets itself apart from Civic, serves well as entry-level Acura - NY Daily News

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

With the 9th Gen Civic being a flop I would hope it sets itself apart. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroscout977 View Post
    With the 9th Gen Civic being a flop I would hope it sets itself apart. =P
    have you seen the new facelifted 2013 civic? honda really did an amazing job with it, almost makes it hard for me to choose an ILX over a 2013 civic si sedan.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I do like the new facelift. Looks much more premium.

The face lift is a lot better!

However, fake carbon dash pieces don't make up for the rest of the interior. If the ILX only came with an LSD in the K24 ILX then it would be a hands down win for the ILX. Between it and the CSX I'd probably take the CSX however.

Making the 2.4L engine standard would go a long way in setting this car apart from the Civic

I agree. Even with the RSX they did it right by giving the base model the same engine as the Civic Si. The next generation Si would replace the RSX. I think the overall consensus was that there's no need for an entry level vehicle for the sport compact segment. I believe the ILX is more about being a general entry level premium vehicle.

I love the new facelift on the 2013 civic.... however I still hate that two stage digital dash... if it had the ILX interior dash I would of choosen the Civic for sure.... oh well...Still liking my ILX very much. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
    I love the new facelift on the 2013 civic.... however I still hate that two stage digital dash... if it had the ILX interior dash I would of choosen the Civic for sure.... oh well...Still liking my ILX very much. =)
    And thats one of the reasons why the ILX is that much better Civic continues to have the ugly dash while the ILX keeps up with vehicles higher up than in it other segments. First time seeing a dash layout like that was when I got to test drive a BMW 745 and a E60 BMW 550 years ago and finally we Acura guys get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Making the 2.4L engine standard would go a long way in setting this car apart from the Civic
    Even still if they do make the 2.4L 6 speed a standard I would pick a civic si over it. It would make a difference but still not enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.