lets discuss something...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: lets discuss something...

lets discuss something...

There are far too many people who think the ILX is a bad value. "30K FOR A 150HP CAR?!" Yep we've all seen it before..

Of course VALUE is different depending on who you ask.. What I might find valuable could be garbage to you.. Those of us who bought an ILX obviously have our own reasons for value and found the ILX to be a good enough value to buy.

Personal reasons of value aside.... Most of the consumers obviously feel the ILX is still not a good enough value to buy.. Weak sales.. 50/50 reception from the media.. criticism on forums..

If you were Acura.. What would you do to make the ILX a better value without changing the price? How do you make the ILX more competitive? I am interested to know what people think would make the ILX a better value to the point where they would buy it.. Of course we have to be REALISTIC. No car is perfect. Even competitors that seem better value vs the ILX will have downfalls. And we have to keep in mind the TSX and TL.. You can't make the ILX too good or it would just water down the TSX sales.

If I were to give a recommendation to Acura.. I'd scrap the base 2.0L motor and transmission..

Make the base a 2.4L automatic 5 speed. Similar to the TSX.. To seperate the TSX from the ILX keep the ILX interior the way it is.. People complain about manual seats on the passenger of the ILX.. Well keep it that way.. I'd take 2.4L auto over electric seats anyday. And if that cost too much throw the accord 2.4L earthdreams with CVT in the base! That will be just as lovely.

The ILX is suppose to replace the CSX or the RSX.. Well what do the CSX and RSX have in common that the ILX doesn't? A type S.. I really do think they should release a Type S version.. It will likely cost more than the current 2.4L 6 speed but I don't think people will complain too much. If they can make it a coupe and make it even lighter it would likely be even more desirable. Those worried about practicality should just get the base model 5 speed auto. Throw an LSD on the car! Add an A Spec lip kit as an option! A spec rims! Throw sportier seats on the Type S. It should feel and drive like a premium Civic Si.

Anyone agree with me? Am I asking for too much?

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I totally agree with dropping the 2.0L engine and transmission. What I was really thinking is to drop the current 2.4L to the 2.0L price range and Acura should make a type s line to replace the current highest trim. But then they would have to make the 2.4L base with a automatic transmission as well. And having A spec lip kits and accessories would help bring in other revenues.

In terms of cost of manufacturing I don't see why it wouldn't be viable to slap the Accords earth dreams CVT 2.4L in the ILX. If other manufacturers can offer larger and more powerful engines I don't see why Acura wouldnt be able to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

I never seen a point in the Acura ILX 2.0-Liter engine. I also rather have the 2.4-Liter engine with a manual transmission and automatic transmission on a base model, then something better for the Type S trim. A 2.4-Liter turbo maybe?

Use the 2.4 ED motor with CVT to replace the 2.0L
    Type-S replace 2.4 model. (just add rims, spoiler, suspension, exhaust cut out, and sold)
    Turn signal mirrors, memory seats, and Home link (all models)

That's my list.

Type-S ?..........nah I say one more step. Type-R............Brembo 6-piston brakes, Recaro pole-position seats, carbon/kevlar boot and bonnet, close ratio 6sp trans with LSD. Lite weight 18" wheels from RAY'S, and a 20hp boost by tweaking the exhaust and remapping the fuel tables.

Oh and offer it one way Championship white with red interior.

I hope John Mendel and his sheep in Torrance read this

hahaaha. we can all dream.

If they brought a type r to north america I think it would sell.. I think they should do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Type-S ?..........nah I say one more step. Type-R............Brembo 6-piston brakes, Recaro pole-position seats, carbon/kevlar boot and bonnet, close ratio 6sp trans with LSD. Lite weight 18" wheels from RAY'S, and a 20hp boost by tweaking the exhaust and remapping the fuel tables.

Oh and offer it one way Championship white with red interior.

I hope John Mendel and his sheep in Torrance read this
    Now that will be interesting forsure but is that drawing in the right crowd and if yes will there be sales in that market? I think Acura is maybe steering away from the tuner friendly car and sticking with its classy luxury rep. I mean dont get me wrong i would love to have all those things but really when you really out it in to perspective I think this stuff is only appealing to certain crowds.

I enjoy my 2.0 ILX. It still surprises me majority of reviews I read are negative on it. I don't think 30k is too pricey for my premium. I mean c'mon the damn chevy dealers have Cruze LTZ's in the 27-28k range lol. I'd rather have a Acura then a Cruze. I fought hard between the ILX 2.0 premium and a Kia Optima SX which was 3k less. I drove both, debated both and parts of me enjoyed the KIA more (Space and Turbo motor mainly) but in the end the allure of an Acura sucked me in lol. I also have a 2011 Camaro with the 312hp 3.6 with some minor mods so the whole speed thing is not a big deal as I can just drive that If i'm feeling suacy, though I think the 2.0 should have never been in this car just the 2.4

30k is not bad for what your getting. Plus. It is the brand, Targeted to those buyers who doesn't mind spending a little more for something different. First of all I think i'm one of those who are fairly picky. I like owning a car that is not seen on every corner of the street and something that isn't build out of toothpicks. Engine wise.....who cares. It is a daily car on the weekends a whip out my sporty car.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.