Quick Spin: 2013 Acura ILX by Hooniverse

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cfrp

Thread: Quick Spin: 2013 Acura ILX by Hooniverse

Quick Spin: 2013 Acura ILX by Hooniverse

Hooniverse took their Acura ILX for a quick spin, check out their mini review of it here; Quick Spin: 2013 Acura ILX | Hooniverse

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Any 2.4L six-speed ILX owners want to chime in on this quoted text from the article:

. The gear lever action feels vague and disconnected, and then it behaves oddly notchy at times. I expected the engine response to be immediate, but it’s merely mediocre until VTEC engages and everything wakes up. This engine does sound great throughout the rev range, however, but it doesn’t match the rest of the car’s character.
    I heard nothing but good things from every 2.4L six-speed ILX owner i've come across, surprised the reviewer feels that way.

On my test drive of the 2.4 M, the shifter/clutch combo was so smooth and effortless that it felt like I was shifting gears with my mind only. I only had to think "downshift and rev match", and the car did just that! The clutch was lightweight but still very tactile, an excellent combination if you have the misfortune of having to slog through stop-and-go traffic.

Honestly, the ultra-smooth manual transmission paired with the rev-happy engine was almost enough to sell the car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

The reviewer is entitled to his opinion.. however.. I am sure his opinion is a rare one.

I wonder what shifter he DOES like... I feel bad for him, honestly.

have any problems with the shifting at all. I've never owned an AT car, and the clutch is smooth and short, as is the shifter. While a bit "notchy" I think it's a good thing. Almost feels like a short shifter. I only wish it had a different gear ratio. It feels weird shifting to 4th in a residential and the mpg pays for it

Quote Originally Posted by Domani View Post
    Any 2.4L six-speed ILX owners want to chime in on this quoted text from the article:

I heard nothing but good things from every 2.4L six-speed ILX owner i've come across, surprised the reviewer feels that way.
    Having driven many manual cars before. From a Honda Civic base 5 speed to a Audi R8 to trucks... The 6 speed on the ILX is a great manual. The 2.4L is one of the most responsive motors in the class and the shifter is effortless. If he means disconnected I guess that is understandable.. It is shifter cables. But what is he comparing it to? I don't know any other manual in the class that has a good shifter.

Piguo1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    Having driven many manual cars before. From a Honda Civic base 5 speed to a Audi R8 to trucks... The 6 speed on the ILX is a great manual. The 2.4L is one of the most responsive motors in the class and the shifter is effortless. If he means disconnected I guess that is understandable.. It is shifter cables. But what is he comparing it to? I don't know any other manual in the class that has a good shifter.
    That true, most of the transmissions Honda made were accompanied by either shift linkages or cables. The only ones I know of that are different were the Acura NSX and Honda S2000 which felt really refined.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.