Auto window malfunction

+ Reply to Thread

Auto window malfunction

Does anyone else's car do this? I try to auto roll the window back up, and it "bounces" off the top, and immediately re-opens to 3/4 and stops. Sometimes it does this repeatedly, and I have to inch the window up carefully to prevent it from opening itself again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Thats odd maybe its a faulty solenoid, you should bring it to the dealership and have them take a look since its still under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by acura-dude77 View Post
    Thats odd maybe its a faulty solenoid, you should bring it to the dealership and have them take a look since its still under warranty.
    Sounds like that could be it, can't think of any other parts of the window system that would cause that problem.

Take it into the dealer and let us know of their findings

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

It's not a faulty anything.

Go in your car and roll your window down. Hold the window down button for a few seconds. Now roll your window up and keep the botton up for a few seconds.

It should reset the auto window function.

I'm not sure but you could do the up and down hold twice to make sure it resets.

If the window refuses to roll up with the auto-up function, then it's a faulty something..

I tried holding down the up/down switch like you said and it's still doing it. I'll probably bring it in soon and update.

I had Same problem with my 2000 Infinti g20. It is a safety feature where if something gets caught in the window it will open up instead of choking you kid!! I dont remember exactly what was the problem but back to the dealer she goes man. Damn car only been around for 4 months or some shyt like that have them pay for it alllllllllllll. :::::::insert evil laugh here::::::::::::

Are you sure? Because this is pretty common on another Acura forum and the resolution is to reset the auto window function.

Keep your finger depressed fully on the window switch the whole time you roll down the window. After it is fully down, keep your finger on the switch fully depressed for 2 seconds.

Then, do the opposite when you roll the window up. Keep the switch fully lifted up while the window rolls up, and for an extra 2 seconds after it is fully closed.

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    It's not a faulty anything.

Go in your car and roll your window down. Hold the window down button for a few seconds. Now roll your window up and keep the botton up for a few seconds.

It should reset the auto window function.

I'm not sure but you could do the up and down hold twice to make sure it resets.
    Never knew you could do that guess ill have to give it a try.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.