Disappointed..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Disappointed..

Disappointed..

I drove the 2013 Accord Sport (6MT) that uses the Earth Dreams K24...

The car is just as nice on the interior panels, mostly nicer even.. It's more comfortable, it's quieter, gets better gas mileage, AND it's just as fast as my 2.4L ILX...

I don't think I wanna modify my car this being the case.. It's just surprising how quite literally the Accord is about 7 grand cheaper and is better in every way.. The only thing I would want is the Accord shrunk to the size of the ILX..

Well, I am disappointed after this experience. Shame on Honda/Acura and double shame on me for buying the ILX. I am gonna go wallow lol
    K24Z7.. Like a boss!

2013 Polished Metal Metallic "Dynamic" Hidden Content ; 32% tint all around, so far...

CT-E Supercharger is in route... Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

im kinda in the same position right now..its just that i did not buy the acura ilx yet..im planning to buy the premium 2.0 but looking at the price i could buy a higher engine (like the accord sport 2013) and latest interior that honda/acura has to offer..but lesser price!!!i look at the honda accord sport 2013 and the interior seems like the trend that they are going through right now..less buttons and minmal design(Like lexus interior),its seems like the acura ilx was stuck between the those trend...somehow i feel like your paying more for less..the interior is refined but comparing to the latest accord it feels like it was left behind...it shoulnd't be because its an ACURA!!!lots of button and for the premium model you have less screen for the back up camera!!at 30,000 for the premium model 2.0 engine?you can step and get the TL for a few grand more..but with higher interior design...i dont know..im still gripping on my checkbook right now..like the compact design of ilx but..(PLS fill up)..

You know, when I was looking for a new car I drove the 2013 accord, 2013 civic si and the 2.4 ILX. My mom owns a 2013 civic lx and although the accord was really nice it seemed alot like my moms civic, material wise. The interior felt like a civic , i know its more than that but still. I think the ILX is a big step up from the accord, it felt faster, more firm, and better refined. The only thing that i think the accord had on the ilx was size. Mind you i drove the accord sport which was $2000 cheaper than the ilx before taxes. The civic si was nice too, but i ended up getting a better deal on the ilx dynamic than the civic so i went with it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Acura ILX Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by carloverp View Post
    You know, when I was looking for a new car I drove the 2013 accord, 2013 civic si and the 2.4 ILX. My mom owns a 2013 civic lx and although the accord was really nice it seemed alot like my moms civic, material wise. The interior felt like a civic , i know its more than that but still. I think the ILX is a big step up from the accord, it felt faster, more firm, and better refined. The only thing that i think the accord had on the ilx was size. Mind you i drove the accord sport which was $2000 cheaper than the ilx before taxes. The civic si was nice too, but i ended up getting a better deal on the ilx dynamic than the civic so i went with it.
    I guess since the ILX has a big 4 cylinder, 6 speed and is fairly light....it can be fast.

The new Accord has very fluffy and soft to touch panels everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentimus View Post
    The new Accord has very fluffy and soft to touch panels everywhere.
    Fluffy...? hahaa i gotta go to the dealer and check this one out. Which model of the accord you talkin about?

The new generation '13 models! They're super luxurious.. not even just for a Honda.. just for a car, period.

I've only driven a 2013 with the V6 6sp so I can't comment on the Earth Dreams 4cyl but i will say that AHM screwed up IMHO by not making the engine standard in the ILX 1st before any Honda model
    Trentimus likes this.

The amount of sound deadening that has gone into the Accord/Civic is nice.
    The luxurious feel of the panels in the Accord KILLS me though.. They're soooo nice. But, it doesn't matter all that much. I was just taken back by it.. I think they should of definitely dropped the ED engines into the Acuras first.. I almost feel like they prematurely dropped the ILX on consumers. But, I still enjoy my car, dont get me wrong.

It's just kinda sad when an Accord is just as luxurious on the inside... I wont even go into how the 185hp ED motor with an extra 2/300lbs is still comperable in speed tests to our 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by Trentimus View Post
    The amount of sound deadening that has gone into the Accord/Civic is nice.
    The luxurious feel of the panels in the Accord KILLS me though.. They're soooo nice. But, it doesn't matter all that much. I was just taken back by it.. I think they should of definitely dropped the ED engines into the Acuras first.. I almost feel like they prematurely dropped the ILX on consumers. But, I still enjoy my car, dont get me wrong.

It's just kinda sad when an Accord is just as luxurious on the inside... I wont even go into how the 185hp ED motor with an extra 2/300lbs is still comperable in speed tests to our 2.4L
    I always found Accords to be like that in specific trims.

Back in the days this happened too with the 1996-2000 Acura EL. The 1998-2002 Accord interior trim with leather was nicer IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.